I use a variety of elements, such as photography, animations and layout software to develop, create and evaluate ways to communicate messages using print and electronic sources. I create layouts and designs for many different purposes, including publications, websites, promotional exhibits, company branding and brochures. As a graphic designer I must have good artistic ability and be able to visually and verbally express ideas. I am creative and have the skill to use many different artistic elements, such as color, shape, balance, and texture to display the appropriate message and appeal. I am also able to create fresh and new design ideas. Adobe CS6, In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver, are the major artistic media programs I work with.
• Fall 2012, Presidents List- 3.5 GPA or higher
• Spring 2012, Deans List- Above a 3.2 GPA
• Awarded $100 from the “Hawk Hunt” logo contest for Chowan University, Whitaker Library. Hawk Hunt logo can be found at www.chowan.edu/lib/.
Spring 2012- Chowan University, Whitaker Library Commissioned Library Painting
• A $50 commission from Whitaker Library for an abstract painting to depict a positive environment.
Fall 2011/Present - (SAAC) Student Athlete Advisory Committee
• Football Representative
• Report to football coaches and team to relay NCAA information and concerns
• Student Athlete Advisory Committee Treasurer
Fall 2009/Present - Chowan Leadership Scholar
• Recipients are awarded a 4-year scholarship meeting the criteria of GPA 2.5, leadership in local community service, and leadership in campus programs.
• Interviews incoming freshman who meet criteria/eligibility to become
an effective leader at Chowan University, and determines awardees.
May2009- Pepsi Senior Male Student Athlete of 2009
• Awarded $500 towards college for being the senior male athlete of the year.
2011-2012 Chowan University Hawk Football Plaque
Big Team/Little ME
2010-2011 Chowan University Hawk Football Plaque
Most Improved: Defense Player
Fall 2010-Present- Active member of Chowan Football unity Council
The council is a group of football players that are well respected by the football coaches and are leaders not only on the football field but also in the classroom and the community. Responsible for making decisions and rules the Football team members to abide by.
• Made the CIAA All Rookie Team
• Lead the team in tackles
Placed 7th in the discus event, of the North Carolina H.S. Track/Field State Championships
• Mountain Athletic Conference Football Champions
• 2nd Team All Conference
Georgia High School Football State Champions