Versatile, hardworking, and down-to-earth are the words that best describe me. I'm looking for a fashion/assistant designer or freelance designer position where my talent, creativity, and innovative mind could be put into use, appreciated, and developed further.
My main objective is to become part of a winning team in the fashion industry and grow over time, with invaluable experience, knowledge, and versatility gained by interacting with other career-oriented individuals, as a fashion designer.
Jun. 08. Private Client Victoria, BC CA Fashion Designer
• Designed, patterned, and constructed a bridesmaid's dress for a nuptial mass in Toronto, ON, Canada.
Jul. 05–present Part-time hobby Victoria, BC CA Fashion–Jewellery Designer
• Conceptualized, designed, and carried projects (apparel and jewelry) through to completion.
• Successfully ventured into online buying and selling of fashion, sewing, and craft items.
Sep. 04–Jul. 05 Pacific Design Academy Victoria, BC CA Fashion Design Student
• Pattern-making, textiles, draping, and garment construction.
• Silkscreen printing, embellishing, and fashion illustration.
• Designed, patterned, and made garments, such as dresses, gown, jacket, shirts, and jeans, for the fashion show Fata Morgana: Wild Creations of the Mind held in Victoria, BC in July 2005.
• Set up a fashion portfolio consisting of 40 illustrations in full colour.
• Designed and created jewelry and accessories for the graduation fashion show and photo shoots.
• Planned, organized, styled, and coordinated photo shoots.
• Get Out of Debt Scholarship recipient (www.straightforwardmedia.com/debt/debt-winner.html).
• Special citation at the graduation ceremony.
• Top honours with A+ final average.
• Designer of the Year Award.
Fashion, photography, music, television, movies, magazines, blogs, news, books, yoga, meditation, nature, animals, charity, environmental issues, vegetarianism/veganism, writing, doodling, watercolour painting, digital art, shopping, making garments and jewelry, online buying and selling, and traveling.
SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
I take pleasure in fashion illustration using traditional methods such as pen, ink, watercolour, charcoal, and mixed media; deconstructing and recycling of old and torn garments; making shirts and simple bags; designing and making jewelry; photography; and writing. As a keen learner and a hard worker, I enjoy honing my sewing-under-pressure proficiency, and I’m constantly looking for ways to learn new skills in addition to improving my pre-existing talent and knowledge. I also like working both independently and as part of a team. Perfection is a myth and does not exist in the real world, but it is something that I strive for in my undertakings.
1. PDA's Fashion Designer of the Year Award
2. PDA's Fashion Design school year 2004-05 Top Honours
3. Get Out of Debt Scholarship recipient (www.straightforwardmedia.com/debt/debt-winner.html)