Jan 2019 - Present (4 years 10 months)
• Design Consultant for new and existing soft / hard goods.
• Specializing in product design, market consultation, product reviews, manufacturing tech packages, with experience in domestic and foreign manufacturing processes.
• Extensive use and knowledge of design programs such as; sketchbook, Photoshop, Illustrator and Rhino. Including manufacturing process using 3 D Modeling to produce molded parts & printed parts within products.
• Currently working with clients in the area of soft goods, impact material and furniture design.
Sr. Product Developer
Jan 2017 - Nov 2018 (1 year 10 months)
• Responsible to develop progressive glove design for various industries and applications based on safety standards, industry trends, and customer needs. Extensive work in the area of new and redesign of Ringers products with emphasis on dorsal impact protection, palm grip technology, heat and chemical resistance, abrasion and high visibility awareness.
• Coordinated domestic / international manufacturing for technical development of samples to ensure design feasibility, achieving price points and maintaining production deadlines. Traveled to various facilities in Asia and India to determine manufacturing capabilities, standards in process production.
• Worked very closely with Sales to develop strategies and brand distinction in the market place. Direct customer contact; to meet specific needs through presentation, designs and sales.
Sr. Product Developer
Eagle Creek (VF)
Jan 2015 - Dec 2016 (1 year 11 months)
• Managed projects from designers’ concepts, through all stages of production, in process QC to marketing of final product. This included review of all new / revisions, cost / pricing impacts, branding, and sales results.
• Responsible for the manufacturing of the assigned projects. This involved the review of all designs, development of tech packs, managing development and sourcing of project materials, developing new manufacturing processes, coordinate prototyping specs, and final production. Also responsible for the development / execution of in process and final QA to meet Eagle Creek and industry standards.
• As a product developer I was responsible for developing a timeline from design to final production and management of process. As a result, I was presented the task of producing a SMU for a national department store. The product line was picked up by the new client which came in on time and within budget.
Sr. Product Designer
Shock doctor sports (united sports brands)
Jan 2012 - Jan 2015 (3 years)
• Managed projects to ensure development within designated timeframe. Lead Product Development Department with status meetings, project plans and special technical information.
• Participated on various cross-functional teams including business team, international team, and new product launch team. Assisted Director of Product Marketing with innovation and new product exploration, deliver product training to company sales reps, managed product information files/documents online and product spec sheets.
• Athlete Product Testing: Set up, organize, execute athlete testing and input. Included managing products needed by athletes, designing specific products, testing, utilizing feedback and production. Involved close communication with athletes.
• 2014 - written up in Erie Times-News for design and development of a padded armband for a football player born missing a hand. Required a complete redesign of glove to meet needed requirements, development of the materials and the production of the custom glove.
Product Designer & Developer
Cutters Gloves & Nokona Baseball
Dec 2010 - Jun 2012 (1 year 6 months)
• Maintain all aspects of design for Cutters gloves within all product lines. Traveled to Nocona, Texas to evaluate baseball glove design / manufacturing for comparison with foreign factories. Oversaw product handover during company acquisition by Shock Doctor and was asked to stay on by Shock Doctor.
Hard Modeling Department Supervisor
Orange County, CA
Jul 2010 - Dec 2010 (5 months)
• Lead Hard Modeler & Model Shop Supervisor which was responsible for the model shop and the team that worked in that department. Daily activity included handling parts, fit / finish, lighting and final assembly. Projects ranged from concept cars, military vehicles to aerospace products. In addition, was responsible for scheduling project timelines and communications between engineers and shop floor workers.
Oct 2008 - Dec 2009 (1 year 2 months)
• Product designer for hard / soft goods for companies such as TaylorMade, Adidas, Ashworth, Shutt, Skins and Jaco. Products ranged from golf bags, golf training aides, gloves, hats as well as packaging. I was responsible for concept designs, presentation to clients, tech packs for overseas manufacturers, production as well as presentation of final product in marketplace. Reduction in Force due to economic conditions, company was purchased.