St. Louis, MO
May 2018 - Present (3 years 3 months)
Oak Brook, IL
Jun 2014 - May 2018 (3 years 11 months)
I've had the pleasure of being the Design Manager over some fantastic lines here at TOMY International:
- Miles from Tomorrowland
- Sonic the Hedge Hog
- John Deere
Each one was a new adventure with exciting challenges to over come.
Aug 2007 - Jun 2014 (6 years 10 months)
From ideation to on the shelf, I create and follow the toy's we construct from beginning to end. Beyond the design of the toys, at Cepia LLC I help come up with the back story, work with the outside companies creating our video games, cartoons and webpages. I'm also the Art Director for our outside artists that we use for freelance on our lines, and with our team over seas producing our products. I design more then toys, I generate experiences.
St. Louis, MO
Jan 2013 - Jul 2013 (6 months)
I taught two classes this past Spring and Summer Semesters. The first class was Design Applications, where I lead a group of students through CS6: Illustrator, Photoshop and Flash. By the end of the semester they were all ready to use the programs fully. The 2nd class I taught was Toy Design, an 8 week class that took a small group of students through the product design process from ideation to molded physical object.
Aug 2000 - Aug 2011 (11 years)
- teaching the power of improv to young adults, creating confidence and young leaders.
Freelance Production artist
Thumbs Up Johnny
Apr 2007 - Jun 2007 (2 months)
- required to color and create page layout.
- designed front and back cover of all books created while there.
Freelance Production Artist
Brown Shoe Company
Mar 2007 - Apr 2007 (1 month)
- required to build from style guides kids shoe boxes and inserts.
- requested to come up with simple fun activities for kids on the side of the box.
M.A.I. Marketing Alternatives Inc.
Aug 2006 - Jan 2007 (5 months)
- responsible for creating eye catching designs in marketing, for magazines, posters, business cards and events.
- required to follow the project from ideation to print.
Production/ sales/ design
Sep 2002 - Mar 2005 (2 years 6 months)
- worked personally with my clients to improve their product
- traveled the mid-west and south with sales
- designed add's and brochures of our up coming lines for sales.
- designed marketing brochures for our customers.
- art directed photoshoots with products and models.