Costa Mesa, CA
Jan 2016 - Present (6 years)
Patton Design, Inc. is a consultant industrial design firm dedicated to the seamless integration of the product development process through a team approach. This approach includes all disciplines throughout the design profession. The goal is to help the client achieve strategic competitive advantage through product development and innovation.
I performed daily industrial design tasks such as creative brainstorming, Team Work, and working side by side with clients.
-CAD modeling (Solidworks)
-User Interface Design
-Graphics Design (Adobe Creative Suite)
Teachers Assistant & 3D Department Operator
Aug 2015 - Present (6 years 5 months)
• Assist students to develop and create ideas for projects.
• Assist Professors during class sessions.
• Run open machine shop.
• Train students how to use Shop machines, hand power tools, and safety procedure in the shop.
• Operate Stratasys Dimension SST FDM 3D printer.
• Perform daily Maintenance and up keep on printers.
• Work with students to assist in preparing files for 3D printing.
• Perform full 3D printing process from STL. file, file processing, printing, and support material removal.
Lead Industrial Designer
Jan 2015 - Jun 2016 (1 year 5 months)
A design consultancy that specializes in model making & prototyping, as well as medium quantity manufacturing.
• Utilizing 3D CAD (Solidworks) computer applications for finished presentations & creating tooling for vacuum form manufacturing.
• Pixel and Vector based applications for finished website presentations.
• Created visual presentations to communicate project options and directions.
• Researched competitors, best manufacturing processes, and fasteners.
• Manufacturing medium scale quantities using vacuum forming and CNC processes.
Apr 2006 - Jan 2016 (9 years 9 months)
A full-service engineering firm that specializes in the state-of-the-art design, development, and implementation of serial data bus standards for the automotive industry. Multiplex designs and manufactures diagnostic interface hardware needed to build OBDII scan tools.
• Extensive experience in diagnostics and repair of microprocessor based protocol converters.
• Troubleshoot and repair to component level including removal and soldering of surface mount components.
• Use of oscilloscopes, multimeters, and other standard electronics test equipment.
• Electronic cable assembly and design; Assembly and test of production hardware.
• Assisted engineering in development of new products.