Digital Sculptor Cadillac Studio (Contract)
Sep 2020 - Present (2 years 4 months)
Jul 2019 - Jul 2020 (1 year)
• Team member on the Everest “K-loop” for Ford of Australia (FOA).
• Work with design and engineering to complete release milestones from early concept to
• Specializing in capturing design intent. Able to translate a rendering into three-dimensional
• Strength in maintaining design intent while achieving engineering criteria such as draft angles,
safety/intrusion zones, sections and craftsmanship decks.
• Served as the "baker" for master vehicle interior file preparation for weekly meetings with Ford
Lead Automotive Designer
Auburn Hills, MI
Sep 2014 - Aug 2016 (1 year 11 months)
•Lead industrial design of WM/VL's core brands ranging from high end super cars for North America to small electric vehicles for the Chinese market.
• Designed with Lean Manufacturing considerations. Relationships with GM and access to current platforms/components meant design solutions were feasible, economical, and quickly delivered.
Motor City Masters-Designer/Contestant
Oct 2013 - Apr 2014 (6 months)
• Selected as a designer from thousands of applicants for a competition based reality TV show for car designers sponsored by General Motors.
• Took vehicle concept ideations to physical deliverables in less than 36 hours.
• Team member for special projects for NASCAR, Transformers, Chevrolet and Hotwheels.
• Individual challenge winner, Team Manager of full-size Hotwheels car delivered in 36 hours.
• Featured in a variety of print(magazine and newspaper), online media, and Television(TBS, TNT, TruTV and commercials).
In-House Industrial Designer
Apr 2010 - Sep 2012 (2 years 5 months)
• Manage complete design process from early sketching to prototyping for commercial shoots and print media.
• Prepare launches for 1million pc. or larger roll out of products including kitchen gadgets, pet, toy, electronics and soft goods. Work with teams to achieve instruction preparation, safety testing, package design and construction while keeping within cost targets.
• Increased the annual product roll out from four to twelve new items two years in a row.
• Work with overseas vendors and engineers to achieve all functional attributes promised by product commercials to attain high level of consumer satisfaction.
• Manage BOM's and day to day QA reports pertaining to inspections of all shipped goods.
• Overseas travel for factory level inspections and QA audits insuring quality standards are met.
Industrial Designer / Product Manager
Sep 2007 - Jun 2009 (1 year 9 months)
• Worked with cross-functional team of business managers, vendor representatives, sales managers, engineers and art department to meet developmental objectives and deadlines.
• Led team to achieve dozens of successful licensed and private label product launches, steering many into production roll-out.
• Modified time line for product development period from the typical 4-6 weeks to as short as 5 days.
• Designed, developed and implemented several organizational processes that served as a foundation for decreasing costs and typical delays.
• Created concepts and hand renderings for existing and future girl's/boy's toy and crafts kits.
• Developed licensed products for brands such as Fisher Price, GM, and The Smithsonian.
• Participated in initial brainstorming and ideation, all the way to production including packaging, instructions, and safety testing.
• Worked as the only in house 3D modeler to develop images for sales team packaging mock-ups including creation of files for rapid prototyping.