Creative Services Director
Aug 2017 - Present (4 years 1 month)
• Develop creative strategy that supports business goals and own the design direction for all aspects of the business.
• Create and implement the visual brand identity and partner with cross-functional teams to establish and maintain brand guidelines.
• Manage the creative development of all assets including collateral, event materials, packaging, product design, digital and print ads, videos, websites, emails, social, and more to support marketing initiatives.
• Ensure that all content and creative is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone to effectively communicate the company’s vision.
Independent Creative Director
Rocky River, OH
Jan 2002 - Present (19 years 8 months)
• Launched graphic design firm in 2002 and oversee all aspects of the business.
• Develop and implement successful marketing and design strategies for various-size businesses. Save clients 50 percent compared to agency fees while providing an elite level of service.
• Designed and produced bi-monthly magazine for Ernst & Young associates.
• Developed and designed, art directed/edited photography and oversaw printing
for a 36-page award-winning alumni magazine for five tears. Increased readership by 50 percent while reducing costs for client by 25 percent.
• Developed and produced Hillcrest Hospital formats based on new Cleveland Clinic branding. Designed numerous touch points that included brochures, advertisements, trade show graphics, invitations, posters and presentations.
• Saved more than $20,000 on Greater Cleveland Growth Association’s annual report.
• Designed interactive projects and websites for Saint Ignatius High School, Loyola Club, Hillcrest Hospital and KeyBank.
• Manage designers, photographers, writers, illustrators, printers, schedules and budgets.
Clients include: Cleveland Clinic Hospitals, KeyBank, Sherwin-Williams, Cox Communications, EY (Ernst & Young), Greater Cleveland Partnership, COSE, Nextant Aerospace, Cres Cor, Saint Ignatius High School, and Francis Payne Bolton School of Nursing at CWRU
Graphic Design Manager
Cardinal Credit Union
May 2012 - Dec 2016 (4 years 7 months)
• Recruited, hired, supervised, and mentored all in-house design and marketing professionals.
• Served as creative lead for all communications functions – working with designers, copywriters, photographers, member service reps, and marketing specialists to establish a vision for all campaigns.
• Developed and executed comprehensive strategic marketing plans to clarify, promote, and enhance the Cardinal message, and its brand – for both internal and external audiences.
• Planned advertising, oversaw the creative process, and provide guidance to creative staff. Approved all creative design work.
• Applied cutting-edge trends in design, advertising, and marketing.
• Managed all collateral communications and advertising, including print, electronic, and social media. Directed the development and design of the mobile banking app. Created and managed content for the Cardinal website.
• Provided professional-level support and assistance to business development team. Accomplished marketing program goals by accepting ownership for diverse requests, exploiting opportunities to add measurable value to the organization.
• Served as creative director to college and high school branch programs, community outreach initiatives, sponsorship opportunities, educational events, scholarship programs, charitable/volunteer pursuits.
• Liaised with a range of stakeholders (e.g. colleagues, members, suppliers, partner organizations, et al) on aspects of Cardinal’s communications objectives.
• Adhered to marketing budgets; monitored adherence by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
• Represented Cardinal at events; taking leadership role in off-site “onboarding” programs.
• Continually cultivated job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and webinars; reading trade publications; monitoring trends and best practices.