TCG Creative Design: Sr. Designer/Design Manager
Jul 2005 - Present (16 years 1 month)
At the Pokemon Company International, my work involves managing and directing diverse creative design team, overseeing design projects and leading strategic initiatives. I've involved in developing extensive product packaging to build and maintain strong brand with high standard and effective practice for over 12 years. I also provide creative vision and detailed supervision to our internal creative groups and partners to ensure brand standards are maintained at all times.
I have also established and maintained our Brand Style Guides and Packaging Design Guidelines, based on my experience and knowledge of general business practices and our specific needs—this includes but is not limited to legal requirements, International localization workflow and templates, product naming conventions, documenting printers standardized specs and practices, to build and maintain consistency for the brand and its products.
Additionally, as a hands-on designer, I’ve been intimately involved in developing extensive product packaging to build and maintain a strong brand market presence and quality with effective professional practice.
—please visit website http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery, for examples of the myriad products I have created and overseen during my tenure with The Pokémon Company International.
Sep 2003 - Jun 2005 (1 year 9 months)
• Provided branding design and strategic marketing solutions for a wide range of clients and projects, from concept to production: projects include brand marks, custom types, movie title logos (Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros.), packages, signage and environmental design, and other corporate marketing materials, both for print and Online.
• Designed and produced a host of the company’s collateral items, marketing books, and presentation materials.
• Assisted the principal, Tim Girvin, the creative team, and the marketing team in communication with international partners and Japanese clients.
Corporate Creative Center: Creative Project Director/PR Manager/Project Manager
Apr 1991 - Apr 2001 (10 years)
Designer / Project Manager / PR Manager at Creative Design Center (1996-2001)
• Produced promotional events, exhibitions, live talk shows, and workshops, promoting a high-standard quality of advertising & design industry with the Executive Creative Director and world-class creative professionals.
• Managed various projects in fast-paced environment including planning, managing schedules and budgets, organizing
resources, and interacting with sponsors and vendors.
• Designed corporate collateral materials and style guides and provided supervision for in-house design departments, as
well as partner agencies, to maintain corporate brand standards.
• Built the department’s first website (http://rcc.recruit.co.jp/en)—designed the site structure & pages, updated its contents, and built databases to ensure its contents were searchable. In conjunction, I also originated a biweekly email magazine, effectively promoting the website and the company’s events, increasing the numbers of visitors by 260% within the first year.
Marketing / Account Manager / Graphic Designer at Network Integration Division (1991-1995)
• Planned strategic marketing projects, created presentation graphics, sales brochures, and other marketing materials.
• Redesigned customer instructions, system manuals, and instructional video graphics.
• Presented solutions and demonstration for clients, developed and maintained strong client relationships.