Textile Designer - Kim Rogers RTW (Private Label)
Feb 2015 - Present (7 years 3 months)
Textile Design for Belk Private label brands :New Directions Intimates, Kim Rogers Intimates, Be Inspired (now Zelos) Activewear and additional support of Home Accents and New Directions Home)
* Primary responsibilities include researching trend, color, prints, and graphics that are brand appropriate and developing artwork based on trend.
* Development of color palettes and trend boards to communicate to Merchandising the print, trend, and color direction for each season.
* Create original prints, graphics, embroideries, and yarn dyes along with purchased artwork and prepare it for production by color separation, putting into repeat, and adding technical specifications to ensure correct execution of artwork.
* Applying department goals into actionable day-to-day goals to create artwork, boards, and trend communication with cross-functional partners in accordance with our company development calendar to meet deadlines
* Presenting seasonal design direction to cross functional partners to communicate brand deliverables by season.
Textile Designer - No Boundaries Juniors
Mar 2007 - Feb 2015 (7 years 11 months)
Additional print development and support for Missy: Faded Glory, White Stag, and Danskin Now brands
* Research and development of prints, graphics, embroideries, knits, and yarn dyes for Walmart Private Label Sleep Brands. Utilizing computer and hand skills to create prints, graphics, embroideries, and yarn dye designs exclusive to Walmart's private label Ladies Apparel brands.
* Researching and reporting on industry trend direction through trend boards and presentations to cross-functional partners and merchandising teams.
* Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams in the development and presentation of product from design to production ready artwork to finished product.
* Communicate art details and specifications related to the execution of product with suppliers and overseas partners. * Prepare and execute art direction presentations at milestone meetings to merchandising to clearly communicate product direction.
* Archive all digital art as well as hard copy print and pattern design work.
Intern - Textile Design Department
Los Angeles, CA
Apr 2006 - Jun 2006 (2 months)
Prepared full sized pattern layouts for strike offs and pre-production Assisted designers in color selection production process using Pantone color * Cleaned digital artwork for Textile Design team for print production * Researched trends for current seasonal development.