El Segundo, CA
2016 - 2020 (4 years)
Lead Designer for Barbie Advanced Concepts, the blue-sky design team focused on bringing innovation to the #1 Fashion Doll brand in the world via new technologies and classic play patterns.
- Designed and developed Barbie Hello Dreamhouse, a smart dollhouse that kids could give voice commands to that reacted with audio responses, strategically placed motors, and dazzling programmed light shows.
- Co-designed Barbie Coding Experience in partnership with Tynker, the #1 Coding Platform for kids, featured in Hour of Code and exceeding executive goals by exposing over two million kids to coding.
- Collaborated with cross-functional partners in Research, Marketing, Engineering, QE, Packaging, and overseas factories.
- Hands-on experience with Computer Vision, Speech Recognition, NFC, WiFi and Bluetooth, motion capture, companion apps, AR/VR, and holographic integrations.
Sr. Project Designer
2013 - 2015 (2 years)
Led the successful My Password brand; enhanced and expanded line, with multiple projects that made it to shelf.
- Redesigned the electronic privacy journal’s entire user experience, ergonomics, and aesthetics to appeal to the new generation of kids as well as existing fans.
- Oversaw localization and licensing partnerships with Monster High and Ever After High that enabled brand's global reach.
- Pitched and executed new strategies by adding extensions to the line, including Hidden Safe and Invisible Ink Pen.
- Designed the remastered View-Master to incorporate Augmented Reality which ties into a full Virtual Reality experience.
User Experience Designer
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
2012 - 2013 (1 year)
Assisted Executive Director of User Experience with hands-on design and research projects at in-house Digital and Commercial Innovation group.
- Designed and executed UX testing, observing real users interact with digital home entertainment storefront and apps.
- Flowcharted and designed a digital video unboxing experience.
DREAMGEAR + i.SOUND
2011 - 2012 (1 year)
Conceptualized, pitched, and designed new consumer electronics products, including speakers and phone accessories, that anticipate and fulfill users’ needs.