Art Director / Marketing Manager - Freelance
GEMELLI Italian Menswear
Oct 2013 - Present (7 years 8 months)
Managing, conceptualizing and executing the strategic and visual direction of all print and digital marketing for the GEMELLI brand.
Graphic & Web Designer / Marketing Manager - Freelance
Feb 2013 - Present (8 years 4 months)
• Sole designer responsible for conception and execution of all print and web design projects for a boutique travel agency.
• Develop innovative web and social media marketing strategies to maximize return on investment, resulting in dramatic sales increase that put the agency into a national Top 20 Sellers list.
Principal / Graphic & Web Designer / Marketing Consultant
MB DESIGNS + MARKETING
Jan 1997 - Present (24 years 5 months)
• As a sole proprietor of my design company, I collaborate successfully with clients to produce creative and effective print and web design solutions.
• Devise and implement marketing strategies that provide measurable results and put my clients ahead of their competition.
COMPANY WEBSITE: artdesigncreative.com
Freelance Graphic Designer
Jun 2014 - Sep 2014 (3 months)
A 3-months freelance contract with Lamps Plus, designing the very first issue of the 55 Downing Street catalog that will feature 52 pages of designer furnishings and décor. Involved in all aspects of design and production, as well as coordinating with buyers, photographers, scene stylists, retouchers, copywriters, and marketing to bring the final product to fruition.
Graphic & Web Designer - Direct Marketing
Apr 2012 - Jan 2013 (9 months)
• Concepted and created print collateral, online and email promotions, branding, e-commerce, mobile, and packaging for direct to consumer products.
• Elevated aesthetic level across all print and web materials, which resulted in increased conversion rates and profitability.
Senior Graphic & Web Designer
May 2006 - Mar 2009 (2 years 10 months)
• Designed and art directed print and online advertising, websites, environmental graphics, branding, and collateral projects for a multitude of clients of the advertising agency.
• Helped the agency triple in size, and was instrumental in elevated brand recognition and increased business for all agency’s clients.
Senior Graphic Designer
Feb 2002 - Jan 2006 (3 years 11 months)
• Created high-impact designs for apparel and promotional items for thousands of clients nation-wide. Designed internal marketing and print collateral materials.
• Headed a busy design department of a social enterprise with $3.5 Million in sales. Directed junior designers, and provided graphic and web design training to at-risk youth.
May 2000 - Feb 2002 (1 year 9 months)
• Provided graphic design services for a wide range of San Francisco businesses, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. Projects included logos, stationery, newsletters, brochures, ads, flyers, mailers, posters, banners, and event promotionals.
• Effectively managed all projects while collaborating with the on-site screen printing and offset printing departments, conducted press checks, and coordinated jobs.
Illustrator / Mural Artist / Designer
Jun 1997 - Sep 1998 (1 year 3 months)
• Painted murals of characters and scenes from popular fairy tales to attract new business to a chain of daycare centers and preschools.
• Created fun colorful illustrations to accompany educational materials to keep the kids interested and engaged in learning. Designed logo and promotional materials.
Puppet Builder / Artist
Red Herring Puppets
Jun 1994 - Dec 1997 (3 years 6 months)
• Built puppets and walk-around characters for movies, theater, TV shows, commercials, and educational performances. Credits include "A Very Brady Movie", Snapple commercial, "Pigasso's Place" TV show, and the MGM Grand Ice Capades show tour.
• Hand-painted backdrops and created props for sets. Constructed and sewed costumes for puppets and human performers.