Creative Director / Founder
Fort Collins, CO
Sep 2005 - Present (16 years)
- Design & develop seasonal apparel lines for leading Outdoor, Snow, Lifestyle, & Active brands
- Lead team to Design & develop technical outerwear, apparel, bag & gear, graphics, and accessories for clients
- Consult on branding initiatives, seasonal trend & color forecasting, consumer insights, & sourcing assistance.
- Manage Sourcing & Production for multiple brands and product channels
- Work with prof. athletes & teams on product innovation initiatives - from the field to Mt. Hood to Mt. Everest
Director of Design
Salt Lake City, UT
Jan 2009 - Oct 2010 (1 year 9 months)
- Responsible for complete Brand & Design redirection, to bring up to date, refocus, & target new audiences
- Design & develop seasonal collections of technical outerwear to base layers
- Factory / vendor / material sourcing, cost negotiations, line merchandising & planning, trend analysis
- Leader for Design, Development, Marketing, Production & Warranty departments
Senior Designer - Outdoor
May 2006 - Apr 2008 (1 year 11 months)
- Design lead for the entire newly formed outdoor and technical outerwear category (Mountain / Hunt / Tactical).
- Research, market, consumer, and trend forecasting, develop seasonal direction for category
- Implemented design creation process to guarantee product excellence and effectively build the brand category.
- Manage seasonal freelance design team to ensure brand cohesiveness and collaborative direction of category
- Collaborate with other apparel product teams to ensure continuity regarding design strategies and brand positioning.