Mendota Heights, MN
Apr 2015 - Present (6 years 5 months)
Marketing and social media specialist.
Sr. Editor, Weekly Ad, Target marketing
Aug 2010 - Apr 2015 (4 years 8 months)
• Prioritize, resource and manage multiple complex ads and projects simultaneously, with complete accuracy.
• Write headlines and copy content for Weekly Ad emails and text messages sent to a distribution of thousands of guests across the country.
• Collaborate with marketing Weekly Ad copywriters to write pages and create headlines that align with the Target brand; edit and rewrite Target Weekly Ad, City Target and Canada Flyer content, ensuring that copy, art and page versions meet the expectations of the Target merchants, marketing creative partners and Target guests both in the United States and Canada.
• Art and copy consultant for the Target Canada Flyer.
• Manage all content changes (pricing, copy and art) for the United States Weekly Ad and City Target final pre-press proof, specializing in entertainment, electronics and video games.
• Work with tight timing and action and collaborate with key partners (marketing operations, marketing copywriters, merchandising partners, printers) to meet multiple internal and external pre-press and printer deadlines; act as liaison and point of contact for these partners to ensure a flawless execution of the Weekly Ad and City Target ad.
• Take on special projects such as Weekly Ad style guide development and participating in the development and implementation of new technology tools for greater workload efficiency, in particular a key partner in developing an Adobe system that has streamlined Weekly Ad workflow.
• Member of the Target Volunteer Council, a group dedicated to providing ‘Best in Community’ volunteer opportunities for 15,000+ headquarters team members. Led several groups and participated in the planning of full-cycle multiple volunteer events, including events with the Dodge Nature Center, Minneapolis Parks and Rec, Read Across America and others. Recruited and helped interview new Volunteer Council members.
Sr. Merchandise Specialist
Jun 2008 - Aug 2010 (2 years 2 months)
• Supported Target’s Bikes and Fitness department in executing merchandising & merchandise planning functions. Key areas included: advertising, vendor and item setup and maintenance, purchase order tracking, vendor income and special projects as assigned.
• Partnered with Target India, Target vendors, Import Operations, Transportation and Target Sourcing Services to achieve department objectives.
2004 - 2008 (4 years)
• Led, coached and trained customer service and front lanes representatives; acted as manager on duty, proactively dealing with customer’s complaints, concerns and issues; managed the administration office.