Jun 2015 - Present (6 years 6 months)
* Used creative design to create a complete sales product to display capacitive touch electronics
* Interpreted internal customer requirements into functional and manufacturable designs
* Generated concepts through hand sketching, 3D modeling, building mockups, and visual renderings
* Utilized hand sketches and Solidworks models for conceptual design rendering, product drawings and presentations
* Engaged in UI/UX discussions and brainstormed through integrated hardware/electronic product visions
* Designed complete product body form factor, parts and assembly for production
* Engineered injection molded parts for production utilizing proper measurements and tolerance specifications
* Designed basic electronic hardware layout on the inside for the capacitive touch surface, sensors, LEDS and breadboard Created touch membrane layouts in AutoCAD
* Tested all design reversions through rapid prototyping, 3D Prints, and tool shop mock ups.
* Determined materials, color, and surface finish through R&D Increased exposure to various forms of plastics and surfacing materials
* Interacted with plastic injection mold and hardware suppliers requesting quotations for materials, prototype and production tooling, specifying detail requirements
* Created product renderings to include with product drawings for presentations of new designs
* Demonstrated creative problem-solving around product design and tooling design/debug
3D Modeler / Mechanical Designer
Self Employed / Freelance
Jan 2009 - Jun 2015 (6 years 5 months)
* 3D modeling in Solidworks, Sketch up and various other 3D software packages
* Designed and created 3D models from concepts, sketches, 2D drawings and general ideas
* Analyze data to determine changes/modifications needed, and verify the accuracy and completeness of model/drawings
* Able to create multilevel 3D models for parts, assemblies, presentation, 3D printing, manufacturing and prototyping
Jan 2015 - Apr 2015 (3 months)
* Executed mechanical designs in the plastic injection molding, machining, casting, stamping and sheet metal.
* Applied theoretical calculations to design product quality testing fixtures for existing product line molds and parts.
* Used hands measuring and structural analysis of parts and new parts to validate the capabilities and parameters of the design and prove the prototype will do as design indicates.
* Prepared product requirements. Provided technical reports and presentations. Created injection mold specification documentation created 2D Drawings and 3D Solid models in Solidworks.
* Optimize development of project/product by tradeoffs of schedule, development cost, tooling cost, product cost, functionality, reliability, and manufacturability to meet the goals and objectives of the company.
* Provide support for projects involving complex mechanical design and manufacture in the development of medical monitoring products.
Industrial Designer, Design Engineer & Inventor
Push Push Hygiene Products
Jun 2014 - Apr 2015 (10 months)
* Invented and created a consumer hygiene product, creative industrial and product design
working from personal experience
* Designed the parts for injection molding in units of metric and US standard
* Created marketing materials and licensing agreements for the device
* Worked with 3D printing and plastic body manufacturing methods to create a product that can be made.
* Outsourced and researched the appropriate cost, materials needed and located the exact manufactures
to create my product.