Aug 2017 - Present (4 years 3 months)
I will have taught Design Process 201 & 202 at the end of 2018 Spring semester.
Graphic/Brand/Packaging Professional - Freelance & Contract
Sep 2010 - Present (11 years 2 months)
Brand / Print / Graphic / Home & Bath Packaging Designer / Direction / Consultation
Expert knowledge in logo development, Top of Bed, edding and bath packaging, branding and development.
• Swiss Gourmet USA: Consulted with companies' package designer. Was asked to trouble shoot board stock packaging production and print for a super high-end, Swiss cookware company. A very challenging four country printing safari as there ever was!
• Springs Global: Design of a number of juvenile scented novelty pillows. My first foray into textile design and learning of the parameters within this medium. Received very well at Fall Market.
• SpringsCreative: Contract work for about three weeks. Disney Fleece packaging layout and various other projects.
• Royal Home: Naming, and design of three "high-end" luxury Hotel styled sheet insert for client presentation.
• Perfect Industries: Contracted onsite for 2 ish weeks. Developed technical sampling drawings for a line of new products.
• Bath Sense: Bag and insert packaging (including remote photo direction) for shower curtain line. Hangtag for Bangle™ lotion pump - design and production for both items.
• Present Living Home: Design and production of this new brand’s bedding products packaging.
• LendingTree: Annual Summit materials; event logo, email Keep the Date, Summit Sheets, award ad, landing page.
• Bobcats and Lending Tree collaboration at the stadium; landing page, handout, booth layout and displays, ticket pamphlet, poster.
• Queen City Cycling - Triple C Brewing Co. race team kits.
• HandyMatt LLC: Brand design and implementation across many platforms.
• Peter Brentlinger Photographer: Design and production of branding mailer.
• Concentric Marketing: Unconditional Litter package concepts.
Senior Graphic Designer
Aug 2014 - Jun 2015 (10 months)
Contract work for brands, packaging, online and traditional advertising
• Brand development and standards. Including Style Guides and related assets across numorous Snap AV privet brands
• Generation of new packaging for the product lines Binary® and Luma®
• Worked closely with the Product Managers, Engineers and Branding leads
• Helped educate and empower numerous managers and support staff with the knowledge of the whole development and
production processes that are required to deliver the desired print and packaging results
• Worked directly with the Marketing Team leads - President and VP of Marketing, Creative Director, Brand Director,
Social Media Manager, Copywriting Lead and graphic and production designers.
Graphic and Package Designer - Contract
Rock Hill, SC
Aug 2011 - Aug 2011
• Responsible for the generation of new packaging for licensed micro-fleece product line
• Designed a fresh new packaging look for private label fleece products
• Assembly of creative presentations for Disney and John Deere, Jo-Ann Fabrics and Michael’s
• Created a new online corporate logo and look and feel of direct to consumer website
Graphics Design Manager
Fort Mill, SC
Nov 2007 - Dec 2010 (3 years 1 month)
Springs Global US, Inc., is the leading textile and home furnishings supplier to major retailers throughout North America and is the world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of textile home furnishings.
• Clients and Brands designed for: Wamsutta, Springs Home, Springmaid, Court of Versailles, Bed Bath & Beyond, Linens and Things, Ross, Macy's, JCPenny, Target, Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco, Owen, Dundee, Cindy Crawford, Marshal's, Lowes, Better Homes & Gardens, Kohl's, Serta...
• Design, sourcing, sampling and implementation of packaging made of various materials; communication with Chinese, Indian and Pakistani vendors
• Direct communication with Brand Merchants, Managers, Directors, Brand Vice Presidents and Presidents throughout many departments of the company, including - Bedding (sheets), Top of Bed, Drapery and Bath
• Generation of a large selection of new prototyped product packaging showcased bi-annually at Textiles Market Week in NYC
• Worked with global vendors and in-house staff to explore and develop sustainable packaging
Print and Web Designer
Feb 2006 - May 2007 (1 year 3 months)
Online lending marketplace.
Ideation of print design materials (PR, marketing, newsletters, events, in-house communications) for LendingTree.com, GetSmart.com & RealEstate.com.
• Developed logos for on-line branding of three corporate sites
• Generated new branding and print/web collateral for major marketing incentive programs
• Art directed on-line, advertising and site refreshing
• Created and presented multiple brand concepts and associated palettes for Realestate.com to LendingTree senior management and third party consultants
Jun 2005 - Feb 2006 (8 months)
Manufacturer of yarn and sewing materials.
Designed print materials for multiple marketing managers - primarily the Moda Dea yarn product line. Produced catalogues, in-store and trade show materials.
• Developed new packaging comps for brand refresh of Moda Dea line
• Generated trend analysis and visual presentation support
• Photo direction for collateral materials
• Developed new packaging comps for re-branding of Moda Dea line
• Generated trend analysis and visual presentation support
• Directed photo shoot with models for ten in-store pattern leaflets and catalog shots.
2002 - 2004 (2 years)
Strategic Graphic and Industrial Design Agency.
Concepted, designed and produced print, product and package solutions for local and national clients. Worked in concert with staff industrial and web designers. Attended press checks and proof approvals.
• Accounts Huffy Bikes, Scotts Lawn and Garden, MiracleGro, Igloo, Dolly, Char-Broil, Disney and Mead
• Designed packaging with branding for Scotts new line of high end gardening tools. Coordinated and directed outdoor, photo shoot of models with products for packaging; responsible for styling of sets
• Directed illustrators for Mead art tablet packaging and Fleurs de Fete wine label and coordinating poster
2001 - 2002 (1 year)
Full service design agency focusing on print & interactive media.
Managed five designers & directed project workflow in the print department while carrying full design load. Reported to the creative director and regularly conferred with production and web managers.
• Managed designers’ workloads and assisted where needed for the completion of critical deliverables
• Presentation of junior designer’s solutions to clients
• Attended HOW conference in San Francisco, CA.
1997 - 2001 (4 years)
Responsible for conception, design, and production of print, product, presentation and package solutions for local and national clients.
• Consistently met/came under budget and time deadlines
• Generated materials for Universal Hollywood, Universal City Walk, Toyota, Lexus, Disney, Dream Works, Mead, Pontiac, NCR, Standard Register, Burger King, HOW Publications, and others
• Created logos and coordinating print collateral for regional and national clients
• Directed and coordinated model and product photo shoots on wide a range of projects
• Attended press checks personally to ensure quality
Primary Graphic Designer
1994 - 1997 (3 years)
Manufacturer of planners, school, office, arts & crafts materials.
Designed, prepared and presented concepts for the School and Home & Office licensed and private labels. Developed color trend, future technologies research and presentations. Worked in tandem with staff industrial designer and production artists. Communicated directly with licensed brand managers of Garfield, Road & Track, Sailor Moon, Harley Davidson, and others.
• Generated material for both domestic and international products
• Traveled nationally and overseas (Germany) for overview of facilities and trade shows
• Attended one of the first Mac Worlds - Boston, MA.
1986 - 1990 (4 years)
BFA in Visual Marketing, with Honors