Apr 2016 - Present (6 years 3 months)
• Brand managing and working with licensing, entertainment, fashion, and consumer product clients.
• Brand, design, and product developing for companies including: Disney, Lego, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Universal, Warner Brothers, Hasbro, Adidas, Berkshire Fashions, for retailers Target, Walmart, Burlington, Forever21, and Macy’s.
• Communicating and collaborating with manufacturers, business and marketing groups setting the vision and creative solutions.
New York, NY
Mar 2015 - Apr 2016 (1 year 1 month)
• Creative Director/brand manager for Strawberry Shortcake.
• Strengthened the brand in Toy-Funko, The Bridge Direct, Publishing-Penguin, IDW, Apps-Budge Studios, Cup Cake Digital, Miniclip-with 75 million app downloads, Social media-Facebook-2.5 million plus fans, Instagram, Show Content Development-Discover Family, You-tube, Fox home video, and, Netflix.
• Created the global cross category creative strategy for the US, Brazil, Spain, France, And Canada.
• Launched the 1st scented Funko Pops.
• Redesigned the “Purple Pie” man for comic books, apps, and collectible toys.
• Oversaw all creative asset management end to end, on style guides, marketing materials, campaigns, ads, and asset distribution, for consumer products, marketing, advertising, and brand management needs.
Executive creative Leader
Aug 2003 - Oct 2015 (12 years 2 months)
• Launched a niche clothing line that was sold into hundreds of retailers across the United States, and abroad.
• Built a strong web based business with DrJays.com and company dotcom.
• Owned operated and spearheaded the retail growth, sales, marketing, advertisement, social media management, promotions, product placement, manufacturing, quality control, shipping, customer service, website trafficking, and PR for the company.
• Seen on VH1, MTV, Shade 45, Sway in the Morning, NY1, and numerous magazines including XXL famously know for highlighting the most notable brands.
Apr 2014 - Mar 2015 (11 months)
• Creative lead behind a 37 million dollar growth in apparel, home, and accessories. Challenging new product categories, showed innovation, and initiated dynamic creative pitches for Walmart, TRU, Target, Children’s Place, Payless, Specialty.
• Brand managed Mattel’s entire preschool brands Thomas, Fisher Price, Bob the Builder, Mike the Knight, and Barney on apparel, home, and accessories and toy, for North America and Canada for over 150 licensees.
Designs By Y
New York, NY
Jul 2009 - Oct 2013 (4 years 3 months)
• Operated small sized design studio specializing in developing assets, corporate branding, websites, digital presentations, marketing strategies, and materials.
• Brand and product developed for companies including: Joester Loria group, Simmon’s Jewelry, The YMCA, Iconix, Marvel, and Nickelodeon.
• Facilitated client presentations, brand creative innovations, for B2B creative solutions.
New York, NY
May 2000 - Jul 2009 (9 years 2 months)
• Over saw the Apparel, Home, and Accessories for Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Paramount.
• Managed the product development process with an excess of 120,000 SKUs a year, for brands: SpongeBob, Dora, Rugrats, South Park and others including movie properties.
• Spearheaded the strategic direction for all style guides/fast fashions asset, as an in-house agency setting.
• Managed and coached a team of 10 plus designers and interns.