Senior Designer and Fabricator
New York, NY
Feb 2013 - Jun 2019 (6 years 4 months)
• Design, Development, and fabrication of custom made adaptations for for people with disabilities using materials such as tri-wall corrugated cardboard, plastics, wood, fabrics. Each product is customized to meet each person's physical and developmental condition.
• Collaborate on a daily basis with customers, OT's, PT's, Speech Pathologists, teachers, families and caregivers to develop the appropriate adaptive equipment with the support of interns and volunteers.
• Arrange and carry out assessments and fitting sessions with clients.
• Teach one-to-one and group classes in both English and Spanish how to make custom adaptations with available resources including corrugated cardboard.
• Supervise and train interns and volunteers with different skills and backgrounds.
Lead Designer. Production Assistant
Dec 2007 - Sep 2013 (5 years 9 months)
* Sourced and developed promotional accessories and packaging for the Cosmetic and Fragrance Industry. Clients: Cool Water, L’Oreal, Shiseido, Disney, Merck and others.
• Designed handbags, sport bags, cosmetic pouches, packaging boxes, jewelry items and other promotional accessories for men and women. Executed all aspects of design and development from conception through mass production, successfully meeting deadlines and tight budgets.
• Assisted sales/development meetings with clients. Communicating with customers on product details.
• Prepared spreadsheets and presentation boards for clients using Illustrator, Photoshop and PowerPoint.
• Created tech packs, die-lines, graphic layouts, artwork, and quote sheets for clients.
• Daily communication with factories overseas (20+) by email and by phone when needed.
• Interviewed, trained and supervised design assistants and interns (1-3 staff).