A limitless imagination and passion for toy design. I bring over 2 decades of hands on experience bringing toys to market through creative ideation, design and product development.
• Advanced Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator skills
• Freehand concept sketches and illustration
• Sculpting, mold-making and prototype construction with materials such as latex and resin.
• Control artwork and turnarounds for vendor to open tooling
• Packaging concepts
Design Manager, Toys R Us, Wayne, NJ (April 2011 - Present)
• Responsible for the design of the Toys R Us Bruin category of Infant and Preschool toys generating sales of $52 million in 2017. Similarly, the Animal Alley category of plush toys generated sales of $36 million. Also, designed toys for FAO Schwarz, Journey Girls, Animal Planet, Edu-Science, Sizzlin’ Cool, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Fisher-Price and many more brands since 2011.
• Ideating creative product concepts from the sketch stage to fully illustrated designs and technical layouts to building three-dimensional samples of those designs.
• Art directing sculptors at factories overseas to ensure the end product aligns high level design aesthetics.
Design Consultant, Freelance, New York, NY (2003 - 2011)
• Clients included M.Z. Berger & Company, Bentex Kiddie Corporation, Out Of The Blue Consulting, A.D. Sutton & Sons, Inc., Accessory Network Group, Inc, and more.
• Focus was on kids apparel, stationery, toys, plush and back to school accessories and backpacks.
Designer, Kurt S. Adler, Inc., New York, NY (1995 - 2003)
• Designed holiday ornaments and giftware for iconic licensed brands such as Peanuts, Harry Potter, Spiderman, Superman, The Incredible Hulk, Spongebob Squarepants, Disney Princess, Pixar Cars, Fisher-Price, FAO Schwarz, Paddington Bear, Madeline, The Simpsons, Crayola, Dora The Explorer, My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake and more.
• Worked with the United Media and Charles Schulz Creative Associates for 8 years designing Peanuts holiday giftware and table pieces. Gained an enormous wealth of experience and education in the business of licensing and approvals.
Designer, Papel Freelance, Inc., Cranbury, NJ (1992 - 1995)
• Designed giftware such as graphic coffee mugs, novelty salt and pepper shakers, and
Art Institute of Philadelphia, Associate Degree of Visual Communications