Laser Engraving Engineer
Dec 2015 - Present (5 years 4 months)
- Design custom and production art for laser engraving.
- Conceptualize custom designs with customer input.
- Engrave guns, knives and miscellaneous metal parts
- Streamlined department workflow to reduce number of employees required and increased productivity by 300%.
Jan 2008 - Present (13 years 3 months)
Product Design & Development, Product planning, Brand Identity, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Importing
- Conceptualized, lead and executed the launch of multiple start-up brands and established industry leading companies.
- Drove market research, identified price points, developed product line plans and established brand identity.
- Designed trade show exhibits, banners, corporate identity & marketing collateral.
- Sourced and managed international and domestic manufacturing suppliers
Founder - Captain - General Manager
Jan 2015 - Dec 2019 (4 years 11 months)
- Launched a Spearfishing/Fishing charter business focused on everything from 1/2 day to Overnight expeditions in the SoCal/Northern Baja regions.
- Managed and executed the build out of a 2004 Luhrs 30 Open, twin diesel sportfisher.
- Created and managed Brand identity, social media and external marketing efforts.
- Managed customer correspondence.
- Managed the Implementation and operations related to the company website, online booking system, SEO, social media marketing & youtube channel.
- Lead a team of 3-5 captains/crew members.
- Made dreams come true for local and traveling anglers who were looking for an ocean adventure of a lifetime, engaging with the most amazing sea creatures on the face of the planet.
Founder - Design & Development - Importing - Sales
Apr 2009 - Dec 2014 (5 years 8 months)
- Launched a brand after identifying product gaps within the sport of freedive spearfishing.
- Conceptualized product line, created tech packs and managed development in collaboration with international manufacturing suppliers.
- Imported goods from Asian suppliers.
- Designed and implemented company website, online store and built nationwide distribution/retail channels.
Technical Racewear Developer
Sep 2010 - Jul 2011 (10 months)
- Researched relevant market trends, price points, materials and manufacturing processes.
- Created and managed seasonal line plans based on market launch cycles.
- Lead collaboration between design teams, factories, sales and marketing departments.
- Grew annual product offerings and increased sell through by expanding upon successful design trends.
Product Development Engineer
Aug 2008 - Mar 2009 (7 months)
- Launched a new "soft goods" category of wearable technology/waterproof headphones which allowed a faster time to market while drastically reducing cost.
- Lead competitive market research and introduced new manufacturing processes.
- Created and managed seasonal line plans.
- Conceptualized new products, prepared tech packs and managed the sampling process from concept through production.
Technical Designer/Product Developer
Fairchild Sports (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, Slednecks)
Nov 2006 - Jan 2008 (1 year 2 months)
- Managed communication between clients, design teams and international suppliers.
- Initiated sales history review and seasonal planning which lead to a stream lined product offering, reduced, inventory and increased sales.
- Created project tech packs and managed the sampling process from concept through production.
- Coordinated & prepared products for photo-shoots, salesman samples & catalogs.
Jun 2004 - Oct 2006 (2 years 4 months)
- Researched market trends.
- Initiated and managed seasonal line plans and new product concepts in collaboration with marketing and design teams.
- Facilitated on-time, on-target apparel projects in collaboration with designers and both international and domestic suppliers.
- Traveled to international suppliers for product development and lead pricing negotiations.
- Implemented new product categories that lead to company growth during an industry down turn.