Textile and Surface Pattern Designer
Mar 2013 - Present (9 years 2 months)
• Full service textile studio offering Original Art and Design, Repeats, Colorway changes
• Collaborative and creative problem solver
Associate Textile Designer
Aug 2015 - Nov 2016 (1 year 3 months)
* Created textile designs for Bedding, Throws, Decorative Pillows and Bath Accessories for major online and brick and morter retailers. * Prepared bedmaps and presentation materials. * Researched trends and interpreted them for clients taking into consideration cost and brand identity. * Communicated with overseas office in China regularly. * Drafted detailed project specs for overseas production team.
Textile Design Assistant
Mar 2013 - Aug 2015 (2 years 5 months)
* Collaborated with design team and prepared on trend collections to ensure client satisfaction. * Created production ready repeats and presentation materials. * Designed cards and stationary items for Snapfish while staying true to the Sisters Gulassa brand. * Organized and maintained print library.
Mill Valley Massage
Mill Valley, CA
Jun 2003 - Aug 2015 (12 years 2 months)
* Developed and built business from start-up to a strong customer base of over 7000 clients. * Responsible for overseeing all aspects of business consisting of two locations and a staff of 30. * Excellent customer service and conflict resolution representative.
Associate Designer - Girls
Oct 1999 - Oct 2000 (1 year)
* Designed girls 4-6x separates and sets for multiple private label clients. * Created coordinating trim, embroidery and screen print concepts. * Oversaw fittings to ensure proper fit for production garments. * Managed design assistant and sample room coordinator to meet strict deadlines.
Design Assistant/ Sample Room Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA
Nov 1996 - Oct 1999 (2 years 11 months)
* Assisted head designer is all aspects of preproduction. * Managed sample room overseeing 2 pattern makers, 2 cutters, 12 sewers and 2 assistants to consistently meet or exceed tight deadlines. * Followed up and was responsible for quality control with trim suppliers, embroiders, screen printers and the laundry to successfully move four divisions through the sample making process under tight deadlines. * Coordinated with merchandising team to assure sale ability of finished garments.