SENIOR ART DIRECTOR
New York, NY
Feb 2011 - Present (10 years 3 months)
• Led, developed & re-structured a team of 12 Artists and Creative Services. Increased efficiency, developed new talent, managed freelance and external creative studios. Developed a creative office culture in line with corporate head office and embracing New York sensibility's
• Analyzed project requirements, established and ensured adherence to project time-lines and budget constraints, managed yearly art deptartment budget.
• Prepared high impact dimensional overview presentations, seasonal concept rigs for CEO and leadership teams. Created initial & final concept books for design direction guidelines from trend forcasting, domestic & international shopping.
• Initiate and execute re-brand of company identity alongside Design, Creative & Visual, creating new branding systems for internationally and domestic brand. Work alongside Brand EVP, and external architect to develop and realize a new concept store (opened Sept. 2012). Created premium branded product and branding systems for concept stores and international. Managed special projects with Kohls, Walmart and Opening Ceremony.
• Led NYC Design office for Legal team covering all Design IP.
• Develop handbook/guidelines for manufactoring technique across all vendors. Asia travel to develop vendor relationships and understandings.
• Re-work and streamline achivable calendar deadlines in partnership with production and merchants.
• Assist in hiring within design areas OshKosh B'Gosh and Carters Inc. (direct placement of 12 hires from director level to designer).
• Significantly impacted return on investment by increasing sales.
New York, NY
Jan 2009 - Feb 2011 (2 years 1 month)
• Restructured and managed a team of 8 graphic designers developed talent within the teams, bought in new talent and freelance support to help create fresh brand vision.
• Initiate and execute new vision for womens design areas to reflect leadership teams challenge to move the brand from a discount position into a more trend relevant space in the marketplace.
• Analyzed project requirements, established and ensured adherence to project time-lines and budget constraints.
• Concept and developement of a more expansive brand story and product line for the opening of a new flagship store in Times Sq to expose the brand to a worldwide audience.
• Develop and standardize brand elements for use by marketing and graphic teams.
• Conceptualized and produced compelling trend and core statement design concepts and visual presentations for Women's brand for presentation to CEO, leadership teams and merchants.
• Led production teams to support creative direction and uphold brand integrity by developing technique standards across all manufacturers and vendors.
Feb 2007 - Dec 2009 (2 years 10 months)
• Managed and developed a team of 17 across womans and girls graphic design. Partnered with V.P of Graphics & Director of Men's and Boy's teams to ensure design vision complemented each across gender and that the handwriting of each team remained consistent with A&F's brand image.
• Monitored consumer preferences and stayed abreast of industry trends supporting the lifestyle of A&F, steering the strategy of future creative direction to ensure a leading edge over competitors.
• Partnered with Design Director and Senior Merchant to develop a cross-functional method of operation which integrated design, graphics and merchandising departments and outlined areas of responsibility and signature authority protocol; significantly reduced error and increased efficiency of existing procedures.
• Conceptualized and produced high impact interactive dimensional overview boards/mood walls using print/photography trending retail & vintage garments and props to present seasonal overviews and new technique to CEO & senior management for Women's and Girl brand’s..
• Analyzed project requirements; established and ensured adherence to project time-lines and budget constraints.
MANAGER OF MALE GRAPHICS AND FASHION LABELING
San Francisco, CA
Feb 2005 - Jan 2007 (1 year 11 months)
• Managed a team of 9, designers for Male Graphics, on site freelance and labeling team.
• Streamlined outdated tracking processes by implementing tracking of art in a comprehensive snapshot to ensure all trends were represented.
• Significantly impacted return on investment (ROI) by increasing sales from -30 to 40+.
• Initiated and managed the design, artwork creation, and research for menswear, woven fabrics, knits, active wear, logo, accessories and labeling categories.
• Supported creative direction and upheld brand integrity by meeting with manufacturers and vendors to troubleshoot existing or emerging problems and ensure quality control.
• Maintained fashion awareness. Researching trends through online research, domestic and internationally travel, shop trend and vintage and ensure new trends we're reflected in the line.
• Assisted in hiring within all graphic teams within Old Navy (direct placement of 9 hires at designer and senior level).