Industrial Designer of Wearable Tech
Oct 2017 - Present (3 years 8 months)
Provide smart solutions and unique designs by seamlessly integrating electronics into everyday wearables. Deliver all aspects of wearable tech product concepts, prototypes and manage production. Conduct market analysis to understand consumer needs and product opportunities. Research current technologies and industry trends to forecast and develop new product strategies with design team. Work closely with engineers to ensure highest product performance with merged technology.
• Products featured at CES Vegas 2017 with great reception to the Powered Backpacks designs.
Product Designer - Backpacks
May 2015 - Oct 2017 (2 years 5 months)
Collaborate with recognized brands and retail partners to design collectable, innovative backpacks for major licenses. Consistent trend research to ensure the products stay ahead of the competition with exploration of new fabrics, silhouettes, and functionality. Responsible for the design, sampling, and factory communication of all high priced bags. Involved in presenting full line development to major retailers for upcoming seasons, as well as company wide sale summits.
• First Industrial Designer hired in the company. Brought a breathe of new techniques to massively grow the bags category and earn reputation from colleagues, licensors, and end users.
• Over 100 original skus placed within brick and mortar, independent online retailers, and respective trade shows. Products have been featured in magazine spreads and marketing promo’s.
Toy Designer - Intern
Jan 2015 - May 2015 (4 months)
Developed creative design themes through multiple brainstorming sessions and communicated various ideas through rapid sketching and 3-D renderings. Conducted live research using working prototypes with young children to test toy engagement levels and to identify areas of opportunity for refinement. Participated in executive and retailer meetings with opportunities to tour in-house manufacturing plant. Worked closely with senior designers and engineers.
• Assisted in the development of multiple products currently on the market including Go Green! Playhouse™, Tire Racers™, and the Little Ocean Explorers™ line.
Industrial Designer - Co-Op
Aug 2013 - May 2014 (9 months)
One of six selected to Co-Op with a medical company in a small team of designers and engineers to develop a solution for pill organization in the elderly household. Led field research to better understand and improve current issues of pill usage. Steered product design direction from initial ideation to the final prototype. Pulled together client presentations, and final visual demonstration for Capstone Thesis Expo at The Ohio State University.
• Final prototype was selected as “One of the most interesting new designs” at the Chicago International Home + Housewares (IHA) 2015 show.