INDUSTRIAL DESIGN ENGINEER
2007 - Present (14 years)
Develop retail products, packaging, production art and systems in disciplines including; Industrial Design, Graphic Design, and Environmental Attractions. Has routinely demonstrated success in bringing together large project developments and delivering accurately branded design elements.
- Child-resistant packaging concepts, structural engineering and production design for Brandmetta.
- Brand development for Beach Brew Bus Delaware, USA
- Industrial Design and Graphic work for various engineering firms and outdoor industry clients via Creative Circle.
- Industrial Design CAD models of over 40 consumer home products for Skyscraper Inc.
- CAD Designs & Animations for SD Sol Tech.
- Lead Designer for Rodmounts re-brand. Created corporate ID, graphics, packaging labels and some new product developments.
- Designer, Illustrator, Color & Finish expert at Jack Rouse Associates for a new amusement park in Sochi, Russia.
- Senior Industrial Designer at Touchstone. Created soft-good designs, production drawings and supervised quality control & cost.
- Lead Graphic Designer and Production Artist at Jack Rouse Associates on the Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi, UAE project.
DESIGN MANAGER & SENIOR DESIGNER
Jul 2013 - May 2016 (2 years 10 months)
A Consumer Home Goods company founded in 2010. From 2013 - 2016 the company grew roughly 35% annually with a product line increase from 150 SKU’s in mid 2013 to over 1000 SKU’s in mid 2016. Sparq Home’s retail shelf presence also increased from roughly 175 retailers in 2013 to over 2000 retailers by mid 2016.
Entrusted to supervise and manage the design and production departments of roughly 25 employees, 50+ Vendors, and 8 international manufacturing accounts. Built up the brands product line and equity in the market by developing and integrating all new products, packaging, facilitated manufacturing, engineered trade show design & oversaw fabrications, assisted with marketing strategies.
Daily contributions include but not limited to:
- Create concept drawings, engineered production drawings, presentation renderings, 3D modeling/prototypes.
- Streamline production processes by monitoring and resolving manufacturing, design and engineering problems.
- Develop & coordinate programming for Waterjets, CNC and Laser for domestic product production.
- Coordinate, create and implementation of Bills of Material (BOMS).
- Source new manufactures, materials, processes and equipment.
- Study and follow market research and trends.
- Develop and assist with retail and direct to consumer packaging, marketing, advertisements and photography.
- Mentor & develop junior designers, interns and staff.
INDUSTRIAL & GRAPHIC DESIGNER
2005 - 2012 (7 years)
Design firm known for high-profile entertainment venues, museums, and theme parks around the world. Adam worked with JRA as a designer to developed conceptual sketching, POV illustrations, environmental renderings, color, finishes and materials, environmental graphics, production artwork and fabricated scale models.
2012 - Designer, Illustrator, Color & Finish expert for theme park in Sochi, Russia.
2008 - Lead Graphic and Production Art Designer for Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
2005 - Designer for Guangdong Science Center, Guangdong China.
DESIGN MANAGER in INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
2005 - 2007 (2 years)
P&G is a global leader in consumer products. Adam was a member of the "front-end-initiative-team”entrusted to manage new product developments for multiple brands to help drive sales and secure their future in a competitive market.
Demonstrated skills: Conduct meetings with clients and cross function in-house teams, manage third-party consultants and vendors, collaborative brainstorming sessions, manage consumer testing, develop sketches and CAD models for prototyping.
Brand Contributions: Swiffer, Folgers, Downy, Pampers, Kandoo
2004 - 2005 (1 year)
Fisher Design is a design agency of 50+ employees specializing in holistic industrial, graphic and retail design. Adam contributed in all steps of the design process.
In the studio: Created concepts, ideations, renderings, CAD development, product refinements, ergonomics studies, and preparing presentations for clients.
In the shop: Created conceptual full-scale prototypes using resources such as; CNC prototyping, 3D printing, vacuum forming, wood working tools and machinery, lacquer paints and part molding.
Client Contributions: Ethicon, P&G, LPK, Gojo, Targus, Matrixx Initiatives, GE, Hamilton Beach
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Oct 2002 - Jun 2003 (8 months)
Ellenbee Leggett is a large food distribution company for the tri-state region Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. As head of the in-house design team; Adam managed and contributed to the conceptual development of inter company newsletters, brochures, fliers, promotional marketing and advertisements. Supervised production of printing and distribution. Resigned to pursue education in Industrial Design.