Fashion & Graphic Designer and Licensing Design Specialist
Aditi Singh Soam
Feb 2013 - Present (10 years 5 months)
Freelance fashion & graphic designer and licensing specialist. Working with different companies in the field of licensing, fashion, graphics, and communication on a project basis. Providing services ranging from:
- Design for Licensed Consumer Products - Apparel, Home, Stationery & Footwear
- Prints, Patterns & Graphic design
- Apparel design & product concepts
- Trend Research & analysis
- Photo-retouching & editing
- Brochures, flyers & catalogs
- Packaging, POS/POP
- Website layouts, landing pages
- Web-compatible graphics
Product Coordinator and Designer - Disney Consumer Products
Apr 2021 - Jun 2022 (1 year 2 months)
Accountable for product development and design execution of Disney consumer products for the Italian, German, and other EMEA markets.
- Guide and support licensees throughout the product development process and be responsible for the delivery and execution of product development for softlines, stationery, and home.
- Review Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Lucasfilm/20th Century designs, products & packaging and make sure they are in line with the quality standards and the brand identity of The Walt Disney Company.
- Analyze and understand the market trends and consumer trends.
- Identify new product opportunities and create design concepts and inspirations for potential and existing partners.
- Make and deliver inspiring pitches regularly.
- Present seasonal style guides and trend updates to licensees and partners.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with licensees.
- Brief and manage third parties and external design resources when required.
- Maintain close collaboration with the Product Development teams in EMEA/Global, along with the sales and category teams for a strategic product direction.
- Develop and maintain expertise about Disney characters, films, heritage, and creative assets to support their use in consumer products.
- Train and develop all new and existing licensees on the Disney brand, property portfolio, creative assets, and approval systems.
- Catalog and manage pre-production and production samples, and exchange available data with the regional and, where appropriate, global creative teams.
- Make regular licensee partner visits, store checks, and trade show visits and study the competitive landscape.
Oct 2019 - Apr 2020 (6 months)
Graphic Designer working mainly on:
- Development of prints & graphics for the realization of the products
- Creation and realization of ad hoc patterns on the product
- Post-production & photo retouching
- Trend research
- Editorial graphic design: Catalogs, Brochures, Posters
- Creation of graphic/advertising material dedicated to online communication channels
Jan 2019 - May 2019 (4 months)
Graphic Design Consultant responsible for handling the graphic department for the sub- brands of
the company with the responsibility of:
- Recreating personalized packaging
- Designing and Updating the company website - Creating new web-compatible content
- Social media management
- Creating new logos for clients
- Brochures and flyers
- Creating presentations
Feb 2016 - Oct 2018 (2 years 8 months)
- Creating graphics content
- Providing styling advice for social media channels of TrovaModa.com and it's clients - Creating creative DEM/Newsletters
- Research and study of fashion and beauty trends
- Formulating the style pages and graphic images for the site TrovaModa.com
- Iconographic research on current fashion
- Creating images for the copy editors for brand communication
- Updating the style pages along with product scouting.
Oct 2014 - Jan 2016 (1 year 3 months)
Working as a fashion & graphic designer and post-production artist on different client projects covering the 360º of graphic communications with the studio and outside as a freelance artist. Also working as a graphic visualizer and editor for english content.
Stylist & Visualizer
Mar 2015 - Oct 2015 (7 months)
Research, selection and styling for the in-house video content for OneFive.tv along with managing and editing the content and posts for the official website and other social media.
Fashion Graphic Designer
Sep 2013 - Apr 2014 (7 months)
Fashion graphic designer working with the style office and the commercial office: - Designing and creating all the graphic content
- Digital renderings of the collection for the lookbook
- Post-production of the photoshoot images for website and catalogs
- Website landing page graphics
- Maintaining color books and fabric sample books
Fashion & Graphic Designer
Jul 2012 - Jan 2013 (6 months)
Fashion graphic designer with the responsibility of creating the kidswear collection for the clientbrand of the company Amethysta Viola for F/W 2012-13 and S/S 2013.
Oct 2011 - Sep 2012 (11 months)
Masters Fashion Styling and Portfolio @ Istituto Marangoni, Milano
Executive Creative and Brand Assurance
Jun 2006 - Jul 2011 (5 years 1 month)
Executive Creative and Brand Assurance (Brand Licensing Expert) handling:
- Product and graphic design (Apparel and accessories)
- Design packaging, POP & POS for Cartoon Network, Pogo and other brands under the same umbrella
- Managing and coordinating with the licensees
- Training and giving guidelines to the clients' design department
- Brand Assurance for designs by the 3rd party clients (licensees)
- Design for the licensees who do not have an internal design department
- Styling photoshoots for the product catalogs
- Tracking style guides and monitoring client sample prototypes
- Monitoring samples/products quality and providing feedback on maintaining quality standards
- Managing the product room for internal display for new buyers and clients
- Handling giveaways for internal and external purposes
- Keeping contact with the head office in HK for updates and changes in the licensed brands/characters and new guides.
Jan 2010 - Jun 2011 (1 year 5 months)
Freelance designer and brand licensing expert handling: - Product and Graphic design
- Toy packaging concepts/design
- Product concepts
- Apparel design concepts for Mr. Men Little Miss.
New Delhi, India
Jul 2005 - May 2006 (10 months)
Fashion designer responsible for designing
- Apparel and graphics for Lee Cooper Kids SS06
- Apparel and graphics for Disney Jeans SS06 and AW07.
Fashion & Graphic Designer
2002 - 2005 (3 years)
- Craft Documentation on the Crafts of Himachal Pradesh, India
- NIFT Design Collection 2005
- Designed Garments for Swarovski
- Designed Products for Swarovski
- Designed Garments for Freshtex Denim
Fashion Design Intern
May 2004 - Jun 2004 (1 month)
Fashion design intern with responsibilities to assist and design women's wear range for A/W 2004 for the Indian market.