Ajibade Art and Designs
Long Beach, CA
May 2003 - Present (18 years 5 months)
Create and provide illustrations, images and designs for clients using computer applications and software
to develop layouts and sketches that bring their ideas to life. Clients included but not limited to Mattel
Toys, Adidas, Target and South Coast Publishing.
• Created, produced and managed my own apparel line, Ajibade Designs
• Collaborated with Adidas to design NCAA tournament uniforms for Duke, Indiana and Temple Universities
Jakks Pacific Inc.
Jul 2005 - Dec 2005 (5 months)
Designed and developed coloring stationary, art, activities and toys for children
• Researched all aspects of projects and provide solutions to any complications
• Constructed and provided engineers with technical drawings for 3D manufacturing of product
Product Development Designer
Mattel Toys Inc.
El Segundo, CA
Aug 1996 - Mar 2003 (6 years 7 months)
Facilitated the development of projects from their preliminary concept to the final packaged appearance while consistently meeting tight deadlines and maintaining product quality.
• Directed the design of all plastic accessories, and art graphics
• Coordinated with four key departments to complete different stages of project to completion
• Gathered and provided all project information and instructions for overseas manufacturing
Model Maker/Technical Designer, Barbie mainline group – August,1996 – April,2002
Created art, graphics, and prototype samples
• Built, assembled and painted prototypes for presentations
• Prepared and built molds for plastic pieces
JH Design Group
Oct 1993 - Apr 1995 (1 year 6 months)
Managed the art department and supervised the production of prototype samples
• Designed commemorative 1996 Rose Bowl jackets, for Nike owner, Phil Knight, upon request
• Created the “Grid Iron” line for the NFL’s seventy fifth anniversary