Over the last 20 years, I have studied, taught, and worked in virtually every aspect of industrial design. I am an extremely motivated, diverse and multi-disciplinary designer. I have excelled at many reputable design firms ranging from large to boutique, each with a different specialty and list of renowned clientele. I have advanced from a junior designer to a lead designer in product design, exhibition design, POP/ display design, furniture design, retail design and visual merchandising.
Therefore I have decided to rebuild my professional career from the ground up after emigrating to Canada and gain Canadian experience.
In this portfolio I introduce my various design skills by using my works as example.
The works are listed in chronological order starting from my recent work till my studies year and on the next page you’ll find my resume.
As a designer my main advantage is the ability to come up with many ides, being innovative, and then develop the chosen idea till final product.
I believe the best way to achieve that goal from a scratch is to work in teams. The more versatile the team is the more perspective there are. I am social by nature and get along with different people easily.
At my work I always try to think everything from as many view points as possible. Thinks in life in general are complex. For me new ideas, experiments and thoughts are always more than welcome. I consider making mistakes is also very important part of working as a designer. Success is often a first step towards failure and I dare to try.
As a passionate designer, I still have many things to learn. In my great interest are for example the future studies, people’s behavior and designer strategies and concepts in the business world.
I don’t have one particular area of interest above others. I keep all of my sensors on wherever I am. There are so many things to discover in this world. Being a designer is a life-long learning process.
• +10 years’ experience in interior, retail, kitchen, hospitality, commercial design, exhibit design and visual window displays including POP stands.
• Creative lead and client facing and develops optimal design solutions.
• Skilled at collaborating on a creative vision resulting in innovative design.
• Collaborated with design teams and sale persons.
• Diverse knowledge base of design trends and techniques.
• Advanced computer skills including AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Photoshop.
• Work well in a collaborative team and other department on environment or individually.
• Creative in interior spaces that reflect clients' needs and tastes
• Diverse knowledge to use ergonomic principles to create safe, healthy environments
AREA OF EXPERTISE:
• Concept development
• Materials and processes and Installation techniques
• Creative presentations
• Strong Free hand sketching, drafting and 3D visual representation
• Design intent product specifications
• Colour and material specification
• Strong ability to supervise staff or crew
+10 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH DIVERSE, MULTI-DESCIPLINARY DESIGN STUDIOS.
Worked in virtually every sphere of design, including projects requiring skills in retail design and product design, architecture, space planning, , exhibit design, furniture design, creating prototypes, training and mentoring junior designers.