Packaging Specialist Nestlé Caribbean Region
May 2012 - Present (9 years)
Regional project manager of the packaging projects developed in marketing for innovation or renovation products for Culinary, Dairy, Beverages, Nutrition and other categories. This position involves the development, management and approval of the artworks that are handled throughout the Caribbean Region. Serves as a liaison between the agency, suppliers, and the factories, being the center of a cross functional team.
- Manage the projects workflow and the deliveries in the established timelines.
- Responsible for the management and artwork design of factory packing materials corresponding to the secondary printed packaging.
- Market champion of established digital data management system (Marketing Asset Management, MAM).
- Engage with updating and maintain the artworks in accordance with the Nestle Brand Communication and Compass Evolution Guidelines of all packaging elements.
- Controller of the Nestle Caribbean Asset Library and database serving as a source of information for the Marketing team and other employees.
- Support the Marketing Team with the execution of packaging samples, comps, mockups, renders and and branding exercises for projects in development.
- Qualified for manage color proofing process, press checks, pre-press meetings and color standards approval. (Offset, Roto, Flexo with different suppliers of Nestle Caribbean Region)
- Create new ways to manage multiple projects and reduce timelines efficiently and effectively.
Instituto Tecnologico de Santo Domingo, INTEC
May 2010 - Oct 2012 (2 years 5 months)
Teaching facilitator of the following subjects:
Design Methodology (Levels 1 & 2)
Is a course which offers the student the tools needed to develop a project, from conceptual design to prototyping products.
Visual Communication and Design (Level 2)
Where the industrial design student is introduced in the packaging design field, from an ecological perspective, through the process of creating a brand, and branding basics.
Design and Product Development
This subject focuses on the tool "Design Thinking" and addressed to industrial engineering students to teach them to know their role in the design process.
Product Design (Level 2)
Aimed to industrial design students training cycle. The main objective is to present the design process from the different perspectives of the "Design for X".
Jun 2011 - May 2012 (11 months)
(Innovation and Development)
The overall objective of the position is the preparation, evaluation, development and implementation of packaging, working with a multidisciplinary team and functioning as a liase to develop a common purpose.The main functions of the position include creating and making different packaging designs, designing secondary packaging artworks, make technical drawings, packaging testing to verify the performance of the prototypes and packaging materials. Evaluate and monitor the degree of compliance with work programs, projects and goals, as well as participate in the development and evaluation of work plans, address and resolve special issues assigned.
Purchasing charge Packaging Materials
(Corporate Purchasing Management)
Perform packaging materials procurement to local and international competitive price and quality according to company specifications and at the same time provide the best service for the supply of all areas of production of products sold by the company.Find new sources of supply of packaging materials used in the factory also as packaging materials for new product development.
Member of EMS Environmental Management System for the implementation of ISO
Give support to the various departments of the company to analyze and identify the environmental aspects involved. Responsible for process documentation obtained from the various departments to adapt to the format of the company and under the requirements for ISO 14001 certification.