Apr 2019 - Present (2 years 6 months)
* Worked on vast range of digital kiosk projects including digital signage, self-service kiosks, RFID and payment systems, video walls and interactive experiences.
* Designed products for a varied range of companies including: JD Sports, Starbucks, Costa Coffee, Fujifilm, Tessuti, Railpoint and Fit Republik.
* Each project involved designing the full hardware metalwork of the kiosk, utilising metal fabrication techniques. This ranged from small screen surrounds to large-scale full-length retail touchscreen mirror payment kiosks.
* Metal fabrication skills honed alongside welding techniques and wiring knowledge.
* Up to date knowledge of internal hardware such as printers, payment systems, bar codes, scanners and screens had to be utilised to design the kiosk around these components.
* Full design process completed on all projects from initial concepts through to manufacture and shipping to the customers.
* Worked alongside a range of specialist manufacturers across the UK for glass, metal fabrication and plastic.
* Worked on both individual projects and in teams to complete a wide range of tasks from drawings packs to large-scale concept generation sessions.
Sep 2015 - Apr 2019 (3 years 7 months)
* Working across full design process from inception to fruition. This included initial ideation, development, prototyping, 3D modelling, testing, manufacturing and launching final products.
* Projects include:
o The Citadel Industrial Cabinet range: Plastisol steel, IP rated secure housing for electrical equipment.
o Transport for London Recycling Sack Ring: blast proof fabricated stainless steel recycling rings for paper and general waste used across all the TfL network.
o Sky Internal Recycling Unit: Executive fabricated stainless steel unit for new Sky headquarters in London. 5 waste apertures for recycling with easy to empty trolley system.
* Other duties include working on product changes for current products. This included successfully re-designing the Turbocast 800 gritting system due to many failures in the drive shaft and spinner plate.
* Worked alongside manufacturers in metal fabrication, sand and die casting, vacuum forming and rotational moulding on various projects for samples, quotes and final designs.
* Visited clients and manufacturers to check and develop products and components across the UK, Malaysia, Vietnam and China.
* Coordinated projects with other designers and departments across the company to get the products onto the market.
Owner and Head Gardener
Mar 2010 - Mar 2019 (9 years)
* Acquired a significant and loyal customer base through a combination of advertising and personal endorsements from clients, with the retention of numerous clients for over four years.
* Negotiated rates, schedules of work, project proposals and deadlines with clients.
Assistant Sensei (1st Dan)
Warwick University Shotokan Karate Club
Sep 2010 - Jun 2014 (3 years 9 months)
* Responsible for planning and conducting sessions in absence of Senior Sensei, instructing students from beginner to black belt.
Traffic Logistics Manager
London Olympics Rowing Village
Jun 2012 - Sep 2012 (3 months)
Rowing Village Egham - Banksman/ Traffic Logistics Manager
* Sole responsibility for traffic movement in and around the Rowing Village logistics compound.
* Worked closely with other members of Olympic staff including logistics, security, traffic marshals and volunteers.
Assistant Football Coach
Football in the Community, Chesterfield Football Club
Jan 2008 - Sep 2010 (2 years 8 months)
* Instructed children between ages of 5-14 in wide range of football based drills and sessions.
* Teamwork and delegation with all other members of the coaching staff to organise children in effective and enjoyable manner.