Senior Creative Lead, Innovation Studio
Aug 2017 - Dec 2020 (3 years 4 months)
Lead design manager for breakthrough technologies and advanced projects in running, basketball, soccer and baseball footwear.
• Worked across business units to develop and define unique product stories that speak to innovation technologies.
• Brought novel ideas which influenced the future designs of athletic footwear giving New Balance a competitive advantage.
• Improved performance footwear features and benefits by partnering and collaborating with engineers and bio-mechanics experts on conceptual and performance enhancing innovations
• Analyzed and interpreted research studies and data to design new platforms, new upper constructions and textiles to be used by the inline design team.
• Launched products included the 990S, a high profile contemporary running shoe on a unique 3D printed sole. Other new unique concepts will influence the 2021 and 2022 lines of products.
Senior Design manager, Footwear
Jun 2007 - Jul 2017 (10 years 1 month)
Designed high profile and award-winning statement products for the Brand.
• Determined brand standards, feature sets, and design collections for technical footwear helping create a recognizable design story for the North Face collection of products.
• Created a cohesive collection of innovative and unique products that meets the needs of the global outdoor consumer and embodies the Brand Purpose and Creative Vision.
• Designed a variety of statement performance footwear including Trail Running, Hiking, and Insulated footwear.
• Determined seasonal products with a strong design language and clear branding strategies.
• Highly effective at new concept ideation, upper pattern design, materializations, technical packages, color rotations and meeting key calendar deadlines.
• Worked efficiently with out-sourced production and able to utilize manufacturing strengths and constraints.
May 2000 - Dec 2006 (6 years 7 months)
Designed a wide variety of Nike products for football (soccer), hockey and the golf market including shoes, bags, gloves, helmets and protective gear.
• Defined and designed over 25 different Athletic and Casual Golf models.
• Designed technology for Golf Shox and Caged Zoom specific to golf performance needs.
• Worked in the Soccer Group designing some of the best-selling soccer shoes worldwide.
• Contributed to significant growth in sales and market share, a very important success contributor to the strategic plan for Nike Inc.
• Designed high profile franchise products for both the Euro Cup 2004 and for the World Cup 2004, as well as complementary lifestyle Football footwear
• Met user needs by incorporating extensive input from professional athletes, consumers, research and manufacturing.
• Developed an experience working with overseas teams in Taiwan, China and Italy simultaneously.