ART INSTITUTE OF DALLAS
Graphic Designer / Senior Production Artist Production
CPI One Point
Sep 2001 - Nov 2014 (13 years 2 months)
* Print production support (Offset, Digital, B&W, Large Format) for a sales force of 70+ personnel in eight different cities.
* Produce all press-ready artwork for the print & promo depts which generate sales over $1 million annually.
* Pre-press & post-press support for in-house print shop with 1-4 color presses. Involved in padding, paper cutting, book collating, drill press, saddle stitch & shrink wrap machinery, direct-to-plate processing, ﬁlm and press checks.
* Developed prooﬁng process for providing pdf soft proofs to clients via e-mail.
* Maintained library of electronic ﬁles of completed projects for over 1,800 customers.
Design & Marketing:
* Work directly with President & upper management on marketing materials and projects for print and on-line uses such as: catalogs, advertisements, brochures, web banners, flyer's, e-mail blasts, product packaging, info-graphics, large format signage, vehicle graphics, environmental signage, logo design, catalogs, sell sheets and web site graphics & development.
* Re-designed branding and applied to all print and on-line marketing.
* Designed product packaging for CPI's Compatible Toners & Ink jet Cartridges to increase sales and improve product image.
* Helped launch new promotional products division and was sole graphic artist supporting this dept.
* Produce all press ready artwork for products.
* Set up accounts and line of credit with vendors.
* Quote projects for sales personnel using ESP.
* Co-ordinate, schedule and manage orders with outside vendors to meet project deadlines.
* Assist in managing all phases of production for projects on a daily basis
* Manage over 100 print and promo jobs a month.
* Developed a system for clients to order print & promotional products via on-line custom...