Graphic Designer for Web and Mobile
Sparks Glencoe, MD
Jun 2017 - Present (4 years 2 months)
• Responsible for the creation of all interactive visual design, including typography, visual concept, logo and icon design.
• Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and project stakeholders.
• Works on complex, high-level projects that involve multiple stakeholders and deliverables with adherence to strict deadlines
• Executes all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to developers.
• Conceptualizes original web and mobile design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks.
• Establishes and promotes design guidelines, best practices and standards.
• Stays current with new UI design practices, be forward-thinking on interface design, and stays in front of design trends.
Sr. Graphic Designer & Team Leader
Sparks Glencoe, MD
Oct 2006 - Jun 2017 (10 years 8 months)
• Designs engaging health benefits communications from concept to implementation for KELLY client’s open enrollment needs.
• Works closely with account management team to create and execute open enrollment campaigns, including setting and meeting deadlines, understanding client's creative needs, and making necessary edits based on feedback.
• Handles in-house printing at KELLY's internal print shop, as well as managing outsourced printing jobs, including gathering bids from vendors, packaging files, reviewing proofs, and attending press checks.
• Assisted in corporate rebrand; along with the design team developed graphic imagery and produced various materials that comply with new brand standards.
• Assesses work load of team and ensures that deadlines are met.
• Leads team building activities, including creative outings, constructive critiques, and a monthly inspiration clinic.
• Partnered with the executive team to provide communications materials for local non- profit organizations, schools, and charitable events.
• Ensures that projects are tracked and invoiced through the Harvest time tracking tool, and that all projects properly named and archived.
Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore
Jan 2006 - Aug 2006 (7 months)
• Effectively communicated with Account Executives to create design strategies based on clients’ wants and needs for various printed materials such as invitations, signage and advertisements.
• Handled each project from concept to implementation while adhering to a production schedule with tight deadlines.
• Communicated with printers and paper distributors, wrote bids for in-production pieces and inspected proofs for pre-press accuracy.
• Quality inspected printed materials and archived completed projects. Participated in directing a photoshoot for an ad and billboard campaign.
Graphic Design Intern
Baltimore Office of Promotion and the Arts
Jun 2004 - Jul 2004 (1 month)
Worked on multiple projects, such as newspaper ads, newsletters, and invitations. Proved that I have the ability to work calmly under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Worked on site at the Artscape festival hanging signs. Gained valuable experience in printing and production, and working with vendors. Technical Skills Macintosh & PC operating systems Adobe InDesign CS6 Adobe Acrobat Adobe Photoshop CS6 Quark XPress Adobe Illustrator CS6 Microsoft Office Suite