LexisNexis Risk Solutions
2004 - 2015 (11 years)
(A national database marketing company providing essential information to help customers across industry
and government assess, predict and manage risk.)
Responsibilities included oversight and creation of concept design, development, and production of direct marketing for major insurance and financial services companies. Supervised creative staff consisting of Traffic Manager, Art Directors, and contract employees. Designed and executed landing pages and email blasts for client marketing efforts. Thorough knowledge of the printing industry, paper, typography, photography and photo shoot direction. Significant direct mail, web, and email marketing experience.
• Client engagement – Developed a standard process document educating clients regarding the proper procedures for creating print-ready PDF files that effectively print on digital presses. This resulted in quicker turnaround times and fewer complications with electronic art files.
• Role development – Refined the design development and art production process concerning the roles and responsibilities of the Art Directors/Sr. Art Directors. The results were a shorter turn-around time for projects and a better understanding of individual’s roles. This was accomplished through new or updated process documents and checklists and through prepress education for the Art Directors.
• Cross-departmental education – Streamlined the QC process for project workflow between multiple departments in an effort to bring clarification and definition to the way the Creative department works with Print Production, Sales, and the Account Teams. Created various process documents and gave a presentation to the Account Teams to bring about a better understanding of the entire Creative process. This resulted in improved methods for departments to work together in a smooth and streamlined manner, eliminating confusion about responsibilities between different departments.
Senior Graphic Designer/Web Manager
1991 - 2002 (11 years)
(A nationwide environmental science and engineering company.)
Responsibilities included production, design, and illustration for corporate marketing initiatives such as branding, national advertising campaigns, newsletters, multimedia, brochures, and other corporate promotional materials. Web responsibilities included the design, production, and maintenance of corporate and client web sites, both internal and external.
• Internet presence - Designed and maintained the company's first internet and intranet web sites.
• Rebranding - Created and refined the company's brand image through marketing collateral, advertising, outdoor signage, and web presence. This effort was repeated three times as the company underwent name changes.