Strategic Design Director
Apple Rock Displays
May 2013 - Sep 2020 (7 years 4 months)
• Part of a talented and cohesive team of designers, tasked to create innovative trade show exhibits and brand spaces. Goal achieving results include exhibits for Mitsubishi, Altec Lansing, Rayovac, Rakuten and Voss. Also, equally successful brand spaces for Comscope, Bomag and Fox News.
• Expand necessary skills to create effective retail environments and store designs. Innovative designs include stores for Verizon and Krispy Kreme, as well as successful product launches for Samsung, Sony, Valspar, Continental Tire and Kreurig.
• Respond to Covid-19 threat by directing creative focus to designing effective safety barriers, sanitizer stations and face masks. The results are safer schools, government buildings, restaurants and other businesses.
Creative Director / Vice President
Triad Creative Goup
Jun 2001 - May 2013 (11 years 11 months)
• Assume the lead exhibit design responsibilities for an award-winning Advertising and Marketing company.
• Expand design skills to include Computer Rendering as an effective presentation tool. Ability to embellish presentations by constructing detailed 3D models, cut-aways and prototypes of proposed concepts.
• Manage multi-million dollar projects. Successful examples include Bucyrus / Caterpillar Heritage Museum, Wade House Visitor’s Center and Jung Carriage Museum and the DEA Drug Education Program in Afghanistan.
• Apply Experiential Brand Marketing Strategies to create exciting and interactive trade show environments. Successfully designed and executed exhibits for Harley-Davidson, Ford Motor Company, Chase Bank, Johnson Controls, Kohler, and Rockwell Automation.
• Promoted To Vice President and assigned the task of transforming this regionally recognized company into an internationally renowned design firm and fabricator.
New Berlin, WI
Aug 1994 - Jun 2001 (6 years 10 months)
• Participate in the foundation of an entirely new exhibit company focused on combining creative
3D marketing strategies with the latest innovative technologies, materials and fabrication techniques.
• Expand Experiential Design skills to include developing memorable museum environments. Applied this experience to designing a unique energy museum for WE Energies. “The Energy Experience”, centers around educating the public about Renewable Energy. Other successful projects include collaborations with the Children’s Museum of LaCrosse, Betty Brinn Children's Museum, and Amazement Square.
• Develop a proficient Project Management style based on solid leadership, communication, organizational skills and dedication. Write proposals, detailed descriptions and calculate accurate project estimates.
• Use my aptitude for developing effective brand environments to achieve successful results for Milwaukee Electric Tool, Mercury Marine, Newell Rubbermaid and Subaru.
Badger Exhibit Group
Jun 1990 - Aug 1994 (4 years 2 months)
• Design and engineer innovative Custom and Modular trade show exhibits for clients such as Snap-on Tools, Koss Stereophones, Miller Brewing Company, and Summerfest. Proficient use of modular exhibit systems, including Octanorm and AGAM.
• Prepare effective presentations using freehand sketches, marker renderings, floor plans and CAD drawings.
• Provide detailed Construction Drawings. Proficient use of several CAD programs including VectorWorks.
• Maintain strong, satisfaction-based relationships with clients and vendors. Participate as an active
member of the Exhibit Designers and Producers Association and as a reliable Octanorm Service Partner.
• Expand responsibilities to include recruiting, training and supervising team of designers and detailers.