Dec 2012 - Present (8 years 6 months)
Adjunct Lecturer - Industrial Design
Rochester Institute of Technology
Sep 2012 - Nov 2012 (2 months)
Teaching SolidWorks software and technical drawing to industrial design students.
Jul 2006 - Nov 2012 (6 years 4 months)
• Lead product development from conceptualization through production.
• Manage and direct multiple projects and team members.
• Work directly with OEM clients to develop custom products.
• Collaborate with product managers to evaluate current products and establish goals for future products.
• Research market trends and competitive products.
• Create 2D sketches and renderings of product concepts for presentation.
• Prepare drawings of construction specifications for sampling including material requirements and colors.
• Test and evaluate samples to ensure function and design intent.
• Interview target customers to gather feedback and identify user needs.
• Communicate with Asian factories, including overseas travel, to develop prototypes.
• Collaborate directly with CEO to develop product and brand strategy.
Sep 2008 - Nov 2008 (2 months)
• Revitalized the Induro tripod brand by creating an all new design.
• Worked with product manager to understand the needs and goals for the new design.
• Created 2D sketches and Photoshop renderings of design concepts and presented them to the client.
• Refined concept drawings for factory prototyping,
• Traveled to Asian factory to oversee prototype development.
• Contributed design expertise throughout product development.
Industrial Design Intern
Dec 2005 - Mar 2006 (3 months)
• Developed proof of concept prototype for the Franklin Sports MLB® Radio Controlled Return Ball Trainer, as well as SolidWorks model and technical drawings.
• Contributed in all areas of the product development process including brainstorming, concept sketching, rapid 3D model creation, prototype construction and testing for various clients.
• Established relationship with vendors for product and quotation information.
• Analyzed sales and market data to identify new product opportunities for clients.
Industrial Design Intern
Montalbano Innovation & Development Inc.
May 2005 - Sep 2005 (4 months)
• Assembled and fabricated parts for the construction of a working prototype.
• Created documentation for client presentations.
• Sketched concepts for hi-tech consumer products.
• Refined 3D models using SolidWorks software.
• Worked independently to complete assigned tasks.
• Researched material vendors and organized quotations for future projects.