Lead Industrial Designer
Liberty Hardware / Masco Corporation
Jun 2011 - Present (10 years 1 month)
Based in downtown Chicago Masco Corporation is a Fortune 500 global home products manufacturer whose brands include such leading names as Delta, Hansgrohe, Kraft Maid, Merillat, Behr Paint and many more.
Design home hardware and organizational products that sell through the major big box retailers.
Ac:iD Industrial design
Mar 2006 - May 2011 (5 years 2 months)
Freelance Design Consultant providing design innovation through research, ideation and product development. Wide range of product knowledge and experiences. Including Radio Flyer, Waterpik, Lakewood, Shure, Altec Lansing, and many others.
- Concept sketching using many brainstorm trend/product and benchmarking techniques.
- Product fesibility studies (2D cad drawings and 3D models).
- Final Layouts and graphics presentation deliverables.
- Manage model makers, and 3rd party outsourcing.
Mar 2006 - Apr 2011 (5 years 1 month)
Aided engineering and design teams to help innovate and conceptualize large and small scale products from Mackie loud speakers to Revlon cosmetics.
Insight Product Development
Mar 2008 - Apr 2010 (2 years 1 month)
Closely worked with Caterpillar corporation engineering to design and develop an all new cab for their Wheel Loader tractor. Extensive ethnographic and ergonomic research, full scale articulating bucks this all added in developing a world class vehicle.
Developed a comfort seat for the Freedman Seating corporation and many other interesting products.
Sr. Industrial Designer
May 2005 - Mar 2006 (10 months)
New Division of Brunswick Corporation, major contributor to the boating fitness industry with over 30 diverse companies Including Sea Ray, Bayliner, Hatteras yachts, Life Fitness and Bowling & Billiards. Managed and prepared Interior, exterior and helm concepts for Ingenuity Boat that were displayed during the 2006 Miami International Boat Show. Closely worked with Advanced Marketing and Engineering on production strategy on future marine applications.
- Interaction with many of the 30 internal companies to promote a new corporate design strategy.
- Developed a new thrust control system for a Mercury Marine Drive engine.
- Designed displays for Miami International Boat show booth.
- Designed a replacement heritage pool table which improved upon the quality and the manufacturing.
Sr. Industrial Designer
Sep 1997 - May 2005 (7 years 8 months)
Design interior components for production and well as conceptual vehicles. Working closely
with the OEM’s to define and develop concepts and properties that optimize the function,
value and appearance of automotive interior systems. Contributing to a team of designers.
modelers, engineers and marketing to efficiently and effectively develop products that have
Johnson Controls "High Five" product strategy
- Designed conceptual highly adaptive compact seat system that was displayed at the 05 NAIAS.
- Liaison for the 05 Mitsubishi Eclipse interior at the California design studio.
- Worked in the OEM design studios with GM, Ford, Mitsubishi on various projects.
- Develop Cadillac Mid Cycle Enhancement program with JCI internal Marketing team.
Staff Industrial Designer
Jun 1995 - Sep 1997 (2 years 3 months)
Conceptualized new battery operated ride-ons for the Power Wheels team. Developed
products from concept to production; presented total package to executive staff. Worked on
team with engineering, marketing, packaging, and other support staff to finalize product.
Built functional three dimensional models to nominate a complete idea to team members.
- Developed the first all new Power Wheels vehicle under the Fisher-Price brand.
- Devised test buck for ergonomic studies.
- Made numerous full size mock-up models.
- Focus testing and Kid testing on and off site.
1993 - 1994 (1 year)
Group four design
1993 - 1993