Feb 2021 - Present (8 months)
Independent Contract Work
Sky Castle Art Design & Production
Jun 2011 - Present (10 years 4 months)
- Graphic design including: ads, website banners, book covers, logos
- UX website consultation
- Video production
- Art creation and sales
Lead Design Strategist
Jul 2018 - Feb 2021 (2 years 7 months)
Responsibilities: leading a course production team with writers, designers, and content builder. Managing client expectations, and client communication. Ensuring quality standards and mentoring designers. Course production work including: directing video shoots, video art direction, video editing, illustration, simple animation, photography, interactive learning object design and art creation, course building in authoring tools and with HTML in LMSs, mobile app design, website UX, set design, and basic audio editing.
Key Projects: Centennial IMMT Program, Serious Labs MEWP Training Videos, Bugs 101, Arctic Development, ACP Jurisprudence, Metis Nation of Alberta, and Rick Hansen Online Certification.
Senior Design Strategist
Aug 2016 - Jul 2018 (1 year 11 months)
Responsibilities: filming, video art direction, video editing, course building authoring tools, illustration, simple animation, photography, interactive learning object design and art creation, mobile app design, website UX, set design, and basic audio editing.
Key Projects: SDA Specialization, PVG, Indigenous Canada, Astro 101, Spectroscopy Mobile App.
Jan 2015 - Aug 2016 (1 year 7 months)
Responsibilities: video art direction, video editing, illustration, simple animation, photography, interactive learning object design and art creation, mobile app design, website UX, and basic audio editing.
Key Projects: Theropods and the Origins of Birds, Early Vertebrate Evolution, Graphic Design Fundamentals, and the Dino 101 mobile app.
Oct 2011 - Jan 2015 (3 years 3 months)
Role: UX Strategist
Project: Discovery and Design Phase of Faculty and Department Website Migrations
- Took part in business goals discussions
- Conducted user research and testing through interviews, workshops, online testing, and comparative studies
- Created user personas, sitemaps, and wireframes
- Wrote and delivered multiple two hour workshops to help department communicators turn their business goals, user and content knowledge into sitemaps
Role: User Testing for various projects
- Conducted in person qualitative user testing using paper prototypes
- Online qualitative testing using UsabilityHub, OptimalSort, and Treejack
Role: Production Artist
Project: Dino 101 - Digital Learning Pilot Project
- Created live drawn video quizzes
- Designed screens, illustrated components, and edited 3-D mesh scans for interactive learning objects
- Illustrated assets for use in course videos
Role: 3D Mapping & Graphic Designer
Project: Campus Maps and Virtual Tours
- Captured and stitched over a hundred 360-degree panoramas, and earned Expert status on 360Cities.net for the University of Alberta
- Shot the step by step walking tour photos for the YouVisit online campus tour
- Collaborated with multiple departments across campus to plan the YouVisit tour
- Led a team of three interns to turn interactive online interior maps of the main UAlberta campus into a reality
- Designed and photographed banners for the UAlberta homepage
3D Mapping Intern
University of Alberta
May 2011 - Sep 2011 (4 months)
Interactive Online Campus Maps
- Collaborated to created over a hundred fifty 3D models of University of Alberta buildings
- Photographed buildings and created textures from these photographs