Senior CAD Pilot
Orange County, CA
Jul 2017 - Present (4 years 3 months)
Industrial Design Consultant
2005 - Present (16 years)
Design Samurai | CAD Ninja
San Diego, CA
Dec 2014 - Jun 2017 (2 years 6 months)
Design and develop payment devices thru implementing solutions based on deep understanding of consumer behavior in the current and future of interaction models in retail spaces. Key contributor from product definition through implementing design intent on the ground at the ODM for final production.
• M400 Multilane touch screen payment terminal for clients such as Target, Norstroms, etc.
• V200c Countertop payment terminal for small businesses.
• V400c Countertop touchscreen payment terminal for small businesses.
• UX410 Unattended contactless card reader for gas stations and other harsh outdoor environments
Industrial Designer/Project Manager
San Diego, CA
Mar 2012 - Dec 2014 (2 years 9 months)
Develop product for various clients, leading teams through programs ranging from aerospace components, hazardous zone rated industrial testing equipment, audio components, automotive instrumentation motion graphics, to electronic sport wearable.
• GE Measurement & Control
• Reuter Stokes, developed Next Generation Environmental Radiation Monitor.
• Bently Neveda/Commtest, Conducted user study of end users, data collection technicians. Then developed product re design program including rework of UX/UI to product physical form factor based on stake holders(purchaser/end-user) inputs.
• Denon Marantz - Develop Heos wireless speaker product line, provided design language and styling. Created and delivered volume correct 3D solid files to D&M engineering group with production ready Class A surfacing.
Industrial Designer / UX Developer
San Diego, CA
Apr 2009 - Mar 2012 (2 years 11 months)
Design and develop product from sketch to digitally refined concepts. Maintain roles of design and surfacing specialist, implementing concepts into 3D files true to design intent with absolute honesty manufacturing requirements. Collaborated with ME counterpart to developed sophisticated and efficient workflows utilizing Solidworks, Altium, and Alias to rapidly create highly parametric highly robust CAD databases. Products involved complex design surfaces and utilized highly structured master model methods. Develop role spans into developing master wireframe for UI/UX in multiple programs.
• Dorel International – Developed "showcase"juvenile product line for Dorel Industries technology and design approach inspiring next gen product across the company's brands(Maxi Cosi, Cosco,Safety 1st, etc).
From sketch to full scale fully functional concepts including Strollers, Crib High Chair , Bathtub, Interactive infant activity tray, LED and Song Mobile, Baby Swing.
• Qualcomm – TOQ. Develop two generations(1st proof of concept - "QT", 2nd TOQ - then known as "QT2") wearables showcase Qualcomm's Mirasol low power display technology. Developed UI/UX the wireframe, GUI (generated content used in programming for multiple iterations during development), GUI guide for developer based on both proprietary on board software and the accompanying Android App based on the SDK standards.
• Qualcomm – TAGG Pet Tracker - Worked on concept of pet tracking device as well as provided production surfacing (ready-to-tool) and parts modeling for manufacturing, Worked directly with EE to created tightest housing envelope possible.
• Yofimeter – Diabetic Testing and Management System. Developed on-board UI/UX from wireframe to GUI content. Assisted ME to developed mechanical cassette system.
• FloTV – iphone case
• Qualcomm – Snapdragon Table Concept, showcased at CES 2010
Industral Design Consultant
Ewing Design Group
May 2005 - Mar 2009 (3 years 10 months)
Developed numerous products at Ewing Design Group. My primary duties including ideation sketching and modeling in SolidWorks and Alias. Feature projects include:
• Biocybernetics (sold to Pyng 2008) – Cric Field Cricothyrotomy Device - FDA class 1 medical device developed for the Department of Defense. This device is equipped with extendable spreaders, and a retracting number 11 blade for performing cricothyrotomies. Project spaded from late 2006 to 2008
• American Inventor - Product design provider for contestant on the show. Developed exercise device which was featured on the television show. 2005
• Eidlewisse - Altus Personal Radar Beacon. Design and developed water tight housing (sketch to CAD), and provided marketing content(renderings).
• Spellbound Development Group - Developed safety knifes for restaurant workers, responsible for Concept, Styling, and Controlling CAD surfacing, draft and molding considerations, as well as mechanisms. 2007 to 2008
• EVS Sports - Developed Epic Carbon Fiber Knee Brace. Developed and stylized knee brace with material and manufacturing consideration. Developed custom hardware for quick latching mechanism. Created CAD in Alias and later Solidworks for EVS purchasing team.
Jan 2003 - Apr 2004 (1 year 3 months)
Research and development concentrating on cervical collars and other orthotics. Built testing platforms for QC, Created and prepare AutoCAD drawings for die-cut tooling, and worked on prototypes of Vista Collar, Sierra Collar, Quikdraw, TLSO, and others.