Apr 2011 - Aug 2019 (8 years 4 months)
Directly responsible for the overall design/production for a monthly publication. Serves as a principal coordinator for graphic production while working collaboratively with the publisher, advertising consultants, contributing writers, and photographers to realize a final product.
• Coordinates all administrative aspects of production, including preparing final designs for advertisers, checking color, copy, text format, and scaling images for proper print production. Ensures that all parties are informed of and meet deadlines.
• Prepares layouts, designs, artwork, and formats for use in publication.
• Designs and produces artwork such as advertisements, article layout, web, and email marketing.
• Organizes copy flow and maintains database system of all references used in the creation of published materials; Handle copyright and permission processes.
• Manage advertisers/revenue, including new contracts, contract renewals, tracking project expenditures and assisting in budget development by summarizing, researching and analyzing past project expenditures.
• Coordinate relationship with vendors; preparing specifications and obtaining advertiser final approval.
• Provide information to the publisher, writers, and photographers regarding the design of the publication.
• Prepress and steps to prepare a multi-page file; working closely with the printer while uploading and approving all pages.
• Any other duties or responsibilities as see fit by the publisher/management team.