Senior Staff Industrial Designer
Motorola Solutions, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Oct 2006 - Present (15 years 9 months)
• Responsible for designing, researching and developing new concepts for mission critical, commercial and consumer products. Evaluate feasibility of design ideas based on factors such as aesthetics, safety, function, serviceability, production costs/methods, and vertical market characteristics.
• Coordinate with business and engineering teams during the creation of product concepts to establish and drive core values and requirements.
• Review and identify needed changes for cost reduction and engineering feasibility for final production
• Assist in ethnographic and generative research to discover latent needs that users are unable to verbalize.
• Design and Co-engineer detailed 3D models using Pro Engineering software as well as develop final presentation materials and photo-realistic imagery for marketing material.
May 2006 - Jun 2006 (1 month)
• Commissioned to design a storage case for high-end ear-buds.
• Researched current ear-buds cases and proposed several designs which included wireless ear-buds and a fully integrated travel case with audio controls.
College for Creative Studies
Aug 2004 - May 2006 (1 year 9 months)
• Organized social activities for 800 students.
• Provided counseling and support for 35 residents.
• Learned a great deal of leadership, counseling, teamwork, reliability, and group organization skills.
Industrial Design Intern
May 2005 - Aug 2005 (3 months)
• Designed products for Ignite which included power-tools, cell-phones, housewares, pet products and a Chicago recycling bin.
• Worked closely with the senior designers, researchers, and engineers throughout the product design cycle which ranged from in-depth product research to final product design and prototyping.