2012 - Present (10 years)
I joined Cambridge, an established leader in the flatware industry, to reinvigorate their flatware category while spearheading design initiatives across new divisions including kitchenware, drinkware, hydration, and serveware products. I worked closely with ownership and division leaders to build these new product categories from scratch identifying brand aesthetics, product design goals, and managing cross functional teams.
- Identify market trends
- Build new brands or sub-brand identities
- Ensure alignment between division needs and Design team's output.
- Search for opportunities to streamline and improve design productivity through technology or new processes.
- Train and guide new design team members with the goal of building their own autonomy.
- Crate and present design presentations to customers
- Craft photorealistic CG lifestyle scenes or animations of our product for web and presentation use.
- Personal hands on design work whenever I get a chance.
2010 - 2012 (2 years)
My previous tabletop experience
was leveraged for this role to create compelling lifestyle statements including dinnerware, glassware, and table linens. During my time at jcpenney I eventually took on expanded responsibilities including hard bath goods and shower curtains.
- Comparison shop to ensure relevance in the marketplace
- Interpret key trend call outs into product lifestyle statements
- Create lifestyle boards that indicate seasonal design direction
- Work with oversea manufacturers to execute original private brand designs.
- Provide guidance to domestic suppliers and trading companies to acquire
relevant product designs.
- Keep track of samples and timelines to maintain seasonal milestone deadlines.
2005 - 2010 (5 years)
Oneida is a world leader in the
consumer and food service industry for tabletop products. My primary
responsibility was to create unique and marketable flatware, hollowware,
and dinnerware designs. I occasionally contributed with exhibit and kiosk
design as well.
- Interpret and respond to emerging lifestyle trends
- Responsible for taking products from concept to production while maintaining
- Work independently and collaboratively to develop marketable design concepts.
- Create captivating renderings and 3D representations of final concepts.
- Create polished concept presentations to be shared with clients and buyers
- Develop technical drawings and liaison with quality control, sourcing, and
marketing to ensure a successful product launch.
Ann Arbor, MI
2004 - 2005 (1 year)
Designed and published interactive Flash presentations that showcased the key points of Cybernet’s products.
Provided assistance on product design concepts
2003 - 2003
Assisted GE Plastics in-house industrial designers with a variety projects.
2002 - 2002
Assisted in-house product designers on interior and exterior vehicle components.
Liaison for GE out of the Delphi (Adrian, MI) manufacturing plant during their transition to GE’s polypropylene product.