2012 - Present (9 years)
As a tabletop and flatware design expert I joined the Cambridge team to reinvigorate their flatware category and provide design guidance as the company expands into new categories including kitchen gadgets, cutlery, serveware and home entertaining products.
2010 - 2012 (2 years)
My previous tabletop experience
was leveraged for this role to create compelling lifestyle statements including dinnerware, glassware, and table linens. During my time at jcpenney I eventually took on expanded responsibilities including hard bath goods and shower curtains.
- Comparison shop to ensure relevance in the marketplace
- Interpret key trend call outs into product lifestyle statements
- Create lifestyle boards that indicate seasonal design direction
- Work with oversea manufacturers to execute original private brand designs.
- Provide guidance to domestic suppliers and trading companies to acquire
relevant product designs.
- Keep track of samples and timelines to maintain seasonal milestone deadlines.
2005 - 2010 (5 years)
Oneida is a world leader in the
consumer and food service industry for tabletop products. My primary
responsibility was to create unique and marketable flatware, hollowware,
and dinnerware designs. I occasionally contributed with exhibit and kiosk
design as well.
- Interpret and respond to emerging lifestyle trends
- Responsible for taking products from concept to production while maintaining
- Work independently and collaboratively to develop marketable design concepts.
- Create captivating renderings and 3D representations of final concepts.
- Create polished concept presentations to be shared with clients and buyers
- Develop technical drawings and liaison with quality control, sourcing, and
marketing to ensure a successful product launch.
Ann Arbor, MI
2004 - 2005 (1 year)
Designed and published interactive Flash presentations that showcased the key points of Cybernet’s products.
Provided assistance on product design concepts
2003 - 2003
Assisted GE Plastics in-house industrial designers with a variety projects.
2002 - 2002
Assisted in-house product designers on interior and exterior vehicle components.
Liaison for GE out of the Delphi (Adrian, MI) manufacturing plant during their transition to GE’s polypropylene product.