Senior Graphics Designer
The Homax Group Inc.
2006 - Present (16 years)
Manage graphics projects and work with a team of four designers. Collaborate with printers ensuring correct production of all projects to maintain consistent brand identity.
• Part of the Marketing team working with a design agency redesigning the Magic® brand, invigorating the brand thus increasing consumer awareness and increase sales.
• Negotiated with design agency on brand identity project, decreasing agency's original proposal by $25,000.
• Design customer specific packaging concept, increasing product mix from 5 to 16.
• Supervise assistant on multiple graphic projects, ensuring on-time delivery to sales and/or printer vendors.
The Plain Dealer
2004 - 2006 (2 years)
Construct and finalize newspaper ads for the majority of automotive dealers in Northeast Ohio. Work with Sale Representatives to ensure correctness of ads’ design and content prior to press.
• Placed customer’s desired copy into ad, insuring the integrity of ad’s design, increasing customer satisfaction.
• Proofread co-workers’ ads, eliminating and correcting errors in ads before customer’s review or prior to press.
• Redesigned generic ad layouts, providing new ad designs for sale representatives to help secure and generate
• Part of a Six Sigma team, designing and creating a streamline pickup-ad workflow process.
2002 - 2004 (2 years)
Responsible for working with agencies designing and implementing merchandising graphics
and marketing materials for store and trade show environment. Managed multiple projects
to guarantee on-time completion.
• Implemented, designed and sourced new marketing program for new products, creating better understanding and
training for store employees to help increase sales to customers.
• Worked with vendors to conceptualize and produce new merchandising hardware for Wal-Mart, Target, Home
Depot and Lowe’s, securing and winning multi-million-dollar new businesses.
• Designed merchandising graphics, enhancing understanding of products’ features and benefits for all consumers.
Coordinated source-bid merchandising projects, yielding total cost savings of $238,000.
• Implemented merchandising spending tracking document, effectively maintaining budget of $275,000.
1999 - 2002 (3 years)
Merchandised products in retail environment for use in business solicitations with customers. Analyzed product mix to ensure positive financials for company and customers.
• Spearheaded and designed new product database for use in product merchandising software, increasing
productivity for sales reps.
• Maximized product merchandising to have correct product mix, improving customers’ and GE’s profits.
• Collaborated with merchandising specialist to ensure both point-of-purchase merchandising and products were
given adequate spacing, correct merchandising to help increase product sales.
• Facilitated software training program, saving company $99,000.