Sr. Account Manager
Mar 2021 - Present (6 months)
Sr. Marketing Specialist
Jun 2017 - Mar 2021 (3 years 9 months)
Sep 2013 - Jun 2017 (3 years 9 months)
Director of Communications and Events (Volunteer)
Zeta Lambda Alumni Corporation of Theta Chi Fraternity
Oct 2006 - Oct 2016 (10 years)
Lead the communications committee, plan and execute all alumni events, and coordinate all communication efforts. Maintain contact with over 700 alumni through social networking websites, email blasts, and biannual printed newsletters. Promote interaction, involvement, and fundraising by building strong relationships with active alumni.
• Organize four annual events, including 2 reunion weekends, a chapter house workday, and an annual golf outing.
• Currently coordinating the design and launch of a new brotherhood website.
• Design the biannual newsletter and oversee its creation, which includes exploring relevant content, writing, and collaborating with an outside vendor for printing and mailing.
In-Store Marketing Intern
Jan 2013 - Sep 2013 (8 months)
• Support in-store marketing manager, campaign planner, and marketing communications specialist.
• Collaborate daily with team of 15+ merchandising managers to plan in-store large-format signage.
• Use bird’s-eye view spreadsheets to design visual floor plans.
• Create sign production lists to provide direction to the creative team.
• Create merchandising update store communication documents.
• Assist with setting up and directing photo shoots.
Account Management Intern
Jun 2012 - Dec 2012 (6 months)
Assist multiple account managers in maintaining productive relationships with clients such as STERIS, Philips Respironics, Highmark, Knouse Foods, and WesBanco.
• Supported two account managers in managing client relationships, coordinating projects, and performing strategic research.
• Clients included Highmark, Philips Respironics, Musselman’s/Lucky Leaf, STERIS, WesBanco, and United Concordia.
• In the account manager’s absence, managed day-to-day relationship with STERIS and monitored progress of projects.
• Developed creative briefs and project modification forms to communicate project concept, strategy and directives.
• Participated in business development meeting with management team to contribute information about a potential client’s brand.
Part-Time Teller (While Full-Time Graduate Student)
Dec 2011 - Jun 2012 (6 months)
• Developed and maintained positive customer relationships while processing daily banking transactions.
• Responsible for balancing cash drawers and processing proof work.
• Promoted and sold financial products and services.
• Referred customers to the bank’s investment and insurance partners when appropriate.
Lead Graphic Designer
Oct 2007 - Aug 2011 (3 years 10 months)
• Worked within multiple channels (pro, hardware, paint, big-box retail) and ladder brands (Werner, Green Bull, Keller, Stanley).
• Created in-store signage, print ads, and bilingual packaging for The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Sherwin-Williams, and Menards.
• Designed packaging and support materials for the global launch of the Werner brand into Latin America, Canada, Asia, and Australia, all in the span of 3 years.
• Led all catalog projects, which included internal collaboration, design, photography, copywriting, proofing, and file preparation.
• Collaborated with product managers, engineers, advertising agencies, and print vendors on a daily basis.
• Directed the development of web banners and other graphics for the Werner website re-launch.
Marketing Services Coordinator
Jan 2006 - Sep 2007 (1 year 8 months)
• Developed all in-house advertising, marketing, and promotional print communications for the corporation and its subsidiaries.
• Working with all levels of management, coordinated projects such as custom ads, weekly newsletters, and marketing collateral.
• Directed community advertising for 150+ bank offices. Designed over 100 ads per year. Managed each community group’s account.
• Evaluated community advertising procedures, and then instituted new forms and guidelines to streamline the process.
• Organized and designed the corporation’s weekly electronic newsletter. Introduced a new, modern look.