I am a hard working and dedicated individual who gains immense satisfaction from being involved in all stages of a product’s development. New challenges are something I relish and I consider myself to be a multi-faceted designer. I have gained experience in all aspects of the design process; from product conception and visualisation, to model making, to sourcing materials and manufacturers.
contact: firstname.lastname@example.org & +44 (0)7940595541
The design principles I work with are:
• design simple and well manufactured products.
• sustainability should be a standard.
• effective communication between the designer and the client.
• a sense of humour is important.
• always look to learn new skills and develop existing ones.
The hands on experience I gained at my time working for Isao Hosoe Design in Milan, and the varied role I played at Established & Sons in London has prepared me for a product/furniture design role. I am still growing, as both a designer and an individual, and would like to do this within a design company that shares similar principles to mine.
I pride myself on my time management and organisation skills, and aim to develop the knowledge and experience that I have gained so far, by being an important asset to a company’s design department.
• BDC New Designer of the Year award 2012 [for Kurk].
• 1st place in the Biome Lifestyle Ethical Design Competition.
• 2nd place in the Student Lighting Design Awards Competition 2012 [for Kurk].
• Award for Best Student on Furniture & Product Design at Nottingham Trent 2012.