Apr 2010 - Present (12 years 3 months)
Apr 2009 - Nov 2011 (2 years 7 months)
• Design consultant role for clients such as AMG Mercedes, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Clarion.
Interior, exterior, hmi, UI design and development of automotive products.
• Koenigsegg Agera: Interior/exterior design: Geneva 2010
Lightning Car Company
Sep 2007 - Mar 2010 (2 years 6 months)
• Design of Lightning GT showcased at London Excel motor show 2008 and Geneva Palexpo 2009.
• Market research and concept development through visual and written media. Interior and exterior sketch exploration generating a brand identity and surface language.
• 3D development with surface modeling team and exterior pattern makers. Overseeing surfaces to A class release.
• Creation of ergonomic rig and test data informing interior exploration.
• Project management and budget control. Sourcing of external contractors to assist with vehicle build to set time and budget.
• Design of colour and materials liaising with trimmers.
• Graphic design of Logo, HMI, visual and written materials for product launch, working with marketing.
• Vehicle building and construction. Body finishing for paint and final assembly for launch.
2006 - 2007 (1 year)
• Clients: Mercedes, BMW and Toyota, Clarion, Valeo, Mattel, Hotwheels, Leapfrog
• Market research and initial concept development for automotive interior application.
• Working in a small team to create and deliver a fully detailed interior concept for a technology demonstration application.
Mar 2005 - Mar 2006 (1 year)
Lego Systems A/s: Concept design
Sony Entertainment Europe: Concept design for Ps3 title
Hyphen Design: Product design
2004 - 2005 (1 year)
• Working with the advanced and main stream studio to support various internal and external design programmes.
• Working with a surface modeler to create an updated wheel design for the LR319 (LR3) 19” six spoke variant.
• Development of initial concepts to presentation level with particular focus on brand DNA.
• Creating 40% tape drawing leading to clay model development.
EEDS Technical Engineering Apprenticeship
FT) BMW Motoren GMbH BMW Plant
Jan 1999 - Jan 2001 (2 years)
Technical apprenticeship focused on providing a sound basis in engineering and product development with a production bias.
Working in various departments from business development, prototype build, production planning and material development.