Silver Spring, MD
Oct 2013 - Present (8 years)
Works across the Department of Parks to assist with the production of print and
electronic collateral and publications.
• Formatting copy for print and electronic publications, creating and
editing posters, flyers, brochures and presentations, writing and designing
• Designs and produces e-newsletters, and coordinating with staff and vendors
to keep publications on schedule and on budget.
• Assist with photography needs for marketing collateral, identifying,
coordinating and filing photographs and/or working with external vendors to
coordinate photo shoots.
Alexandria VA, United States
Mar 2012 - Jan 2013 (10 months)
Integrated client brand standards with e-mail best practices to create effective campaigns, templates, interactive landing pages and micro sites.
• Increase deliverability, click through and open rates for clients.
• Added animation to e-mail messages designed by outside firms.
• Served as a technical and procedural resource for Professional Services team members.
Jun 2010 - Nov 2010 (5 months)
Designed and involved with the editing and pre-flight of direct mail and print collateral and advertising materials.
• Worked alongside the creative director to developed concepts and campaigns for clients that worked effectively across different formats.
• Designed logos for several political campaigns.
• Responsible for pre-flighting projects for print.
Clients include Rep. Carol Kent (Texas), Rep. Russ Carnahan (Missouri), Gov. Ted Strickland (Ohio)
Senior Production Artist
Oct 2005 - Jan 2009 (3 years 3 months)
Teamed with Account Executives in producing, quality controlling and proofreading high quality black-and-white and color advertisements for local and national real estate companies. Assisted in Studio Management duties.
• Redesigned and edited designs to run in various sizes in several publications.
• Responsible for pre-flighting advertisement and brochures for print.
• Oversaw the technical competency of all work assigned to our production studio.
• Assisted in developing strategies and materials to promote and improve the working relationship between The Production, Creative and Account Services Departments.
• Managed and archived items on company servers.
Clients include Basheer & Edgemore, Four Seasons, K. Hovnanian Homes, Pulte Homes, Toll Brothers
Creative Services Coordinator
Mar 2005 - Aug 2005 (5 months)
Responsible for the branding of the Association’s thirty-plus education programs and various marketing activities. Maintained advertising and design schedules, including documentation, among four marketing managers.
• Served as creative director and department liaison for two freelance designers.
• Worked along with document production service vendors when necessary.
• Prepared files for press and/or digital specifications.
• Coordinated the delivery of all materials to the mail house and arranged submission of the mailing list.
The Post & Courier
Sep 2001 - Aug 2004 (2 years 11 months)
Partnered with the Advertising Department sales staff in designing, producing, quality controlling and proofreading high quality black-and-white and color advertisements for local and national companies.
• Developed concepts and campaigns for a wide range of clients to work effectively across different formats and media, including outdoor, print, and online advertising.
• Re-designed The Visitor’s Guide, a quarterly publication which lists seasonal events for Lowcountry tourists.
• Created logos and branding identities for local businesses.
• Designed award-winning advertisement.