Creative Entrepreneur & Design Consultant
2002 - Present (20 years)
• Founded, conceptualised and built an eponymous luxury brand of sustainable women’s bridal shoes from the ground up. Defined the brand’s creative and marketing direction in addition to managing the artisans, designers, suppliers and manufacturing partners to map out the product design and production processes.
• Consultant in setting up and defining a sustainable French/ Indonesian bag brand’s product design process and training the Junior Designer on the A to Z of the bag design process, including brainstorming, research, concept design, sourcing and sampling.
• Freelanced as a fashion Illustrator for limited edition bag sleeves designed by a Singaporean e-retailer that services the resale of luxury handbags.
• Provided design consultation and creative branding services for startup clients such as Trading PLC, NEITAS Japan, IP Hatch Day and True Vine Capital.
• Freelanced in industrial, web, graphic, footwear and accessories design for projects in Australia, France, UK, Hong Kong, China and Malaysia. Major clients included Umbro, Cymbeline Paris, Peter Aedo Barcelona and United Nude.
Head of Footwear
Jun 2013 - Dec 2016 (3 years 6 months)
• Built Zalora Regional Private Label’s footwear division from the ground up, which included designing, standardising, and implementing processes for the product development teams for both men and women’s shoes. My duties also involved recruiting and managing the division’s team members in Singapore as well as training the team in China.
• As a result of the efforts above, I grew the division’s sales by approximately 250% between 2013 to 2014, which translated into monthly revenue of €150,000 per month from 2014 onwards, averaging an annual revenue of €1.8 million.
• Generated a monthly revenue of S$120k per month for Zalora women’s footwear in 2016, which accounted for approximately 60% of Zalora Regional Private Label’s monthly revenue.
• By the end of my tenure, Zalora footwear was the best performing category in Regional Private Label and the overall best performing footwear label on the Zalora website.
Senior Footwear Designer & Line Builder
Jun 2008 - Mar 2011 (2 years 9 months)
Produced detailed design and developed of lasts, heels, leathers, metal accessories and upper patterns for multinational brands in Europe, USA and China including Tahari, Anthropologie, Miss Sixty, Marks & Spencer, Theysken Theory, JC Collezione, Jean-Michel Cazabat, Luxury Rebel and Tracy Reese.
London, United Kingdom
Jan 2007 - Jan 2008 (1 year)
• Worked closely with the Buying Director and managed the Limited Edition Designer’s Collection and Shellys mainstream collection which involved liaising with buyers, agents and suppliers in Spain and London.
• Attended trade shows in Italy, carried out market research on current trends and designed marketing paraphernalia and look books for buyers.