Le Coq Sportif
Sep 2012 - Present (9 years 1 month)
Responsible for design of the Men's Casual Footwear (Primarily Made in Portugal product)
Mens Footwear Designer
Jun 2011 - Sep 2012 (1 year 3 months)
Footwear Designer for Firetrap and Ben Sherman Men's Footwear Collections
- Design Ben Sherman footwear including formal, casual and sport.
- Design Firetrap footwear including formal,casual, sport and work boot constructions
- Producing comprehensive Competitor reports
- Producing Range Plans with price targets
- Working alongside the Creative Directors, Owners, Licensee Managers,buyers and sales people of Ben Sherman, Firetrap and GMI to build the ranges.
- Liase with suppliers, factory agents in China, India and Italy and VP of production for development.
- Freehand designing along with full use of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Developing and designing new outsoles and lasts.
- Graphic and print development on uppers, soles and socks aswell as all colour cads for SKU'S
- Working within time constraints and deadlines.
- Regular sourcing and inspiration trips.
- Bi-Seasonal Prototype development trips
- Creating specific trend/mood boards for Ben Sherman and Firetrap for seasonal direction.
- Visit competitive shops to maintain market and customer awareness.
- Studying current trends by examining fashion web sites, blogs and magazines.
Footwear & Accessories Designer/ Assistant Director
Apr 2010 - Jun 2011 (1 year 2 months)
Po-Zu was launched in 2006 with the aim of setting new standards in ecological and ethical footwear manufacturing.
Po-Zu shoes are made from carefully selected natural materials that are healthy for your feet, safe for all the workers throughout our supply chain, and kind to the environment.
I worked closely with the Director at Po-Zu to assist with a variety of tasks.
My primary/key role was that of Footwear and Accessories Designer for both the Mens and Womens footwear styles.
I designed Po-Zu's SS11,AW11, and SS12 collections and designed AW11 Timberland/Po-Zu collection
As designer, my duties entailed:
* Design exploration and development
* Producing Product Design Specification Sheets/Tech Packs using Adobe Illustrator
* Outsole Specs
* Prototype/Sample Development (sometimes requiring trips to the factory in Portugal)
As the Director's Assistant my other duties are:
* Liasing with factory, distributors, sales agents, and customers internationally via e-mail regarding logistics, payments and queries
* Graphic Design of Catalogue, Pamphlet, Trade-show stand
Free-Lance Footwear Designer
Aug 2010 - May 2011 (9 months)
Concept Design and Product Development for AW11 Footwear Collection
Cipher International is a lifestyle footwear brand based in Hong Kong.
Liasing closely with the MD based in Hong Kong, my role is to execute the design and development, and also produce the tech-pack's for the footwear collection based from concept and direction imagery.
I am also requested to travel to China to meet up with the production team to help develop new styles and consult production.
Free-Lance Concept Research/Design
The Footsoldiers Design Consultancy
Mar 2010 - Apr 2010 (1 month)
Provided research and concept drawings for a project set by a client of Footsoldiers
Footwear Design Intern
Jul 2008 - Feb 2009 (7 months)
Assisting with the Design and Development of Puma Blackstation's Footwear including Rudolph Dassler, Urban Mobility, and Alexander Mcqueen.
Design Studio Assistant
Sep 2006 - Feb 2007 (5 months)
Dec 2006 - Jan 2007 (1 month)
Hand Made Footwear for Kei Kagami 2007 Milan Catwalk show