Product Design Engineer
Oct 2019 - Present (3 years 9 months)
- Develop Custom NX Tools and Custom Drawing Templates, Metric and Standard, Components for Custom 3DP Surgical Guides and Custom Milled Implants,
- Design Ergonomic PPE Equipment, Ventilators, Respirator Masks, Filter Housings, Prototyping, Testing, Analysis, Research, and Development Techniques.
- Setting and reporting on progress toward goals associated with product development, Develop budgets and operating plans for the product development projects identification of areas for improvement.
- Ensure goals are met in areas regarding customer needs, safety, quality and efficacy, Implement and manage scope, time and cost changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meet with internal and external stakeholders regarding project issues and decisions, Produce accurate and timely reporting of project status throughout product development cycle.
- Work with marketing and sales teams on strategy, plans and execution of tasks needed for product support, training, launch and maintenance.
- Support QMS with DMR and DHF project deliverables and ensure that product adheres to quality plans and standards.
- Knowledge of procedures associated with cranio-maxillofacial anatomy and reconstruction.
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturing and regulatory requirements for FDA class I and II devices, technical writing.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office, Project and/or other similar project management software or tools.
- 3D CAD skills using software, e.g., NX, Solidworks, CATIA, Pro-E, Fusion 360.
- 3D modeling skills using software, e.g., FreeForm Modeling™ and/or Geomagic Studio, Geomagic Wrap.
- Knowledge anatomical terminology.
- Siemens NX 11.0/12.0, Autodesk Fusion 360, SolidWorks, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office
Freelance Product Designer
Jan 2010 - Present (13 years 4 months)
- Design and Develop Websites for Mobile and Desktop
- UX/UI Product Design for Mobile Apps, Web Designs, Medical Device Applications
- Design and Mechanical Engineering projects: e.g. Cast Iron Skillet, Sporting Equipment, Human Factors Models
- Created Video Game Graphics and Models for 2D and 3D
- Developed New Logos, Graphics, T-Shirt Designs
- FEA of Sheet Metal, Injection Molded, Milled, 3D Printed, and Cast Iron parts.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, XD, Balsamiq, Mockplus
- SolidWorks, CREO, Inventor, NX, Fusion 360, Blender
Bye Aerospace Inc.
2019 - 2019
Specialized in Human Factor and Ergonomic Design of eFlyer2 and eFlyer4 - Designing the Interior Cabin all interior linings, glare shield, center console, handles, grips, placards, lighting. - Determining placement and Design of exterior handles, and step, for ingress and egress. - Proving concepts with fully scalable and articulate human models. - Additionally tasked with PLM Teamcenter maintenance, Electrical Routing Design, and Topographical Optimization. - Siemens NX 12.0, Siemens Teamcenter PLM, Adobe Photoshop CC, Aerospace Design for Type Certificate.
Straight Flight Inc - SNC
2017 - 2019 (2 years)
Design Custom Aircraft Modifications and Repairs - Created new custom Designs for aircraft modifications, repairs, workstations and tools - Produced renderings, animations and videos for customer centered marketing - Improved current workflow with macro automation and scripting - Learned detailed knowledge of aircraft manufacturing and design
3D Systems, Inc
2015 - 2017 (2 years)
International Supply Company
2014 - 2015 (1 year)
Hired into Mechanical Engineering Department to Design Proposals and Submittals - Drafted and designed mechanical layouts in AutoCAD 2013 - Modeled shop release assemblies in Inventor 2013 David Jones Designer II - DavidAJones1287@Gmail.com - 309-657-5134 - Trained in steel construction and manufacturing processes - Reviewed prints, parts and material data to improve designs - Inventor 2015, AutoCAD 2015, Excel Spreadsheet
2012 - 2014 (2 years)
Supported Caterpillar's Item Reuse Catalog - NitroMation Warehouse - Developed integration between Pro/E and NitroMation - Fixed team's work processes to improve workflow and efficiency - Developed computer macros to streamline tasks - Created quarterly maintenance report to aid in data accuracy - Trained in print reading for machined parts, assemblies, groups, and arrangements - Pro/E Wildfire 4.0, Visual Basic Excel Spreadsheet Supported Caterpillar's Purchasing Department - Procurement Categorization Code - Developed Computer Macros in Excel to integrate data systems and data entry - Validated data and maintained database for entire purchasing system - Improved process for validation for my positon as well as entire team - Gained experience in Caterpillar print reading and product knowledge - Visual Basic Programming, Computer Macros, Excel Spreadsheet
Design Draftsman I
2010 - 2012 (2 years)
Rehired after Successful Internship to Run Drafting Department - Worked with clients and team to develop designs and meet deadlines - Created macro systems to streamline tasks - Improved website graphics and updated all other graphics - Trained in Industrial Electrical and Plumbing Code Requirements