Insights & Planning Intern
May 2014 - Sep 2014 (4 months)
Utilized third party research platforms such as CMI Online, Mintel, etc. to uncover insights that would effectively inform and optimize our client's digital strategy.
Created and cultivated an internal strategy Tumblr blog with intent to keep our team knowledgable. We researched industry trends and provided our personal perspectives on the subject matter.
Summer Intern Project :
Our intern team developed a pseudo 2015 Communications Strategy for the client, Beef Checkoff.
• The "Ask" : Uncover a strategy that would increase engagement and positive perceptions of Beef among the US population.
• The Execution : We chose to specifically target the opportunity within the emerging US Hispanic Millennial market segment. Our strategy recommendation involved optimizing existing mobile platforms to cater to the segment's desire for cultural relevance, convenience, and customization.
Clients : Beef Checkoff, Capital One, Kalla, Quanttus, UFC
Sep 2013 - Mar 2014 (6 months)
The Lazarus Project
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 (2 months)
Conceptualized, created, and executed social media strategy for Give2theMax nonprofit donation campaign:
• 50+ first time donors and over $8,000 raised within two months
Rebranded Facebook & Twitter pages and strategies to improve engagement and awareness:
• 470 new FB page likes, 200 new Twitter followers
Digital Research Intern
May 2012 - Aug 2012 (3 months)
I utilized analytical and social media monitoring tools to gather evidence about industry trends for strategic brand recommendations.
• Monitored Viacom brand conversations in the social media landscape using social listening and web analytical tools, Radian6 and Omniture (Adobe Systems)
• Contributed to 3 analyses providing brand, competitor, and industry insight to Director of Research indicating trends for guiding future promotional efforts
• Provided daily research updates on industry related topics and competitor strategies
• Supported Director of Research in the development and verbal presentations of case studies
• Meticulously updated and analyzed analytics research on 20+ Excel spreadsheets weekly
Annual Fund Representative
CSULB Annual Fund
Mar 2011 - Mar 2012 (1 year)
Cold called alumni and parents of students currently attending the university to maximize Annual Fund donations and maintain relationships with recurring donors
• Top Representative for the Parent Call List
• Consistently established and met goals of $200-300 per shift
• Aided in collecting $1,000,000 toward general funds for the university with my team of co-workers
Financial Services & Law Intern
Murrin Law & Independent Financial Services
Nov 2011 - Feb 2012 (3 months)
• Utilized all Microsoft Suite Applications; particularly used Excel spreadsheets for organizing financial data
• Filed and maintained all financial statements and confidential documents
• Developed new organizational methods using numerical reference system for case files; reduced time spent locating missing documents and updated client database providing easier access to information
• Gained knowledge of legal practice procedures and guidelines
Civil Engineering Intern & Clerical Assistant
Public Works of Cottage Grove
Jun 2009 - Jun 2010 (1 year)
• Organized and maintained city project documents, making them easily accessible
• Received and directed incoming citizen phone calls and walk ins
• Utilized Microsoft Suite Applications to create spreadsheets, power point presentations, and write correspondences
• Prepared and processed an average of 15-20 work orders per shift for city employees using database system