Interactive Art Director - Product Experience Design
Jul 2012 - Present (8 years 9 months)
Founding member of Hook & Loop, the internal design agency of the third largest enterprise software company in the world.
• Create beautiful and instinctive UX/UI, consciously designed to meet the specific needs of widely differing products
• Responsible for conceptualizing and redesigning the user flows, visual assets, functional components, iconography, design patterns, and guidelines for a wide range of desktop and mobile software and web applications
• Routinely create detailed concept boards, wireframes, and graphic comps, to clearly communicate interaction and design ideas
• Closely collaborate with product designers, engineers, developers and managers
• Part of the team which redefined and redesigned the entire international corporate brand
• Responsible for screening and interviewing potential new hires, and mentoring junior designers
Creative Director, Principal
Design by Daniel
Jun 2004 - Present (16 years 10 months)
Co-founder of independent design and consulting firm with multiple clients, including Mckinsey & Company, Bramson ORT College, Innovid, Dial 7, ORT America, Email Vision, World Yacht and The Week Magazine.
• Work with clients to see beyond their initial request, helping them to realize their true needs
• Provide graphic and web design, art direction, SEO, and programming services for a variety of projects
• Company website, DesignbyDaniel.com, ranks number one on Google for “Freelance Designer” and page one for other keywords such as “Freelance Art Director”, “Freelance Web Designer”, and “Graphic Designer” in New York
McKinsey & Company
Feb 2012 - Feb 2013 (1 year)
McKinsey & Company is a management consulting firm whose mission is to help leaders make distinctive, lasting, and substantial improvements in performance, and constantly build a great firm that attracts, develops, excites, and retains exceptional people.
As a consultant with McKinsey & Company’s in-house UX/UI team, Daniel created wireframes and detailed comps for multiple mobile apps and responsive websites, both for the company and for their clients.
Blue Fountain Media
Oct 2009 - Apr 2012 (2 years 6 months)
Web design, development, and marketing agency, whose clients include Procter & Gamble, AT&T, NASA, the National Football League, and Nike. Blue fountain Media currently rank #541 on Inc. Magazine’s list of the fastest growing U.S. Companies.
• Created UI wireframes and mock-ups based on both requirements and personal research, to establish best-possible user experiences
• Designed brand identities, style guides, print materials, and online/offline ads for multiple top tier clients
• Ensured that designs and user flows not only met project goals but were easily understandable to both clients and developers
• Worked closely with the IAs, marketers, managers, developers, and other designers, motivating them to elevate the bar and ensuring perfect execution
• Worked alongside managers and directors, while managing junior designers
• Collaborated with the CEO and CMO on different projects and strategies to grow the business
Senior Graphic / Web Designer
Bramson ORT College
Jan 2006 - Oct 2009 (3 years 9 months)
Hired with the specific mandate to re-brand and increase student admissions at an outer borough technical college.
• Lead designer of a complete re-branding of the whole institution
• Designed an all new website to help and attract perspective students, and as a resource for existing students and faculty
• Developed a new series of corporate and promotional materials
• Created print advertisements for various publications in multiple languages
• Within three years the admissions rate tripled and the school opened a new campus
• Responsible for screening and mentoring junior designers
Senior Graphic / Web Designer
Jan 2004 - Mar 2009 (5 years 2 months)
Design, develop and maintain client’s websites. Design corporate branding and innovative promotional materials for clients.